Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trouble Moving Music Files to SD

Is anyone having trouble moving music files over to your SD (yes they are legitimately mine). For instance, I reloaded some of my ring tones. They loaded into my vault folder. It let me move them to my ringtone folder on my device but gives me an error & won't transfer. So I then download a new audio book, it loaded into my download folder. It wouldn't let me move it to my SD, but it moved to my music folder on device. Surely I'm doing something wrong?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Default Re: Trouble Moving Music Files to SD

Are you trying to move around these files from your phone or on your PC? If on phone, what program are you using? Only certain programs have write permissions for SD on KitKat, but the included File Manager (My Files) is one and should allow you to.

Quote Originally Posted by awriternot View Post
    Is anyone having trouble moving music files over to your SD (yes they are legitimately mine). For instance, I reloaded some of my ring tones. They loaded into my vault folder. It let me move them to my ringtone folder on my device but gives me an error & won't transfer. So I then download a new audio book, it loaded into my download folder. It wouldn't let me move it to my SD, but it moved to my music folder on device. Surely I'm doing something wrong?

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Just use Windows Media Player to sync all songs from the PC to the SD card on the S5.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by atishc View Post
    Are you trying to move around these files from your phone or on your PC? If on phone, what program are you using? Only certain programs have write permissions for SD on KitKat, but the included File Manager (My Files) is one and should allow you to.
    On my phone. I was trying to use it with ES Explorer. I will try the regular file manager. Thanks!

It seems archaic but it may be easier to plug it in and use kies and just highlight, drag and drop from one folder to the other. That's what I do.

-via Android Central App on GWaLL's S5
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by atishc View Post
    That was exactly it. Now I will know to use the stock File Manager for that. Thank you.

Using the file manager worked like a charm.