Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Check battery cover message problem...

Hello everyone, first time here...I've tried googling this problem, I've come across one link which led me here, some guy had a similar problem where he was getting the check battery cover message at random. Well, my case is somewhat the same, but I'm not getting the message at all instead, not even when I open the battery cover and actually leave it off for hours. The only case where I get the message is after I reboot and thats it.

The problem started occurring after I went and put my S5 to the water test, where I captured a video and took some underwater photos(1-3 inches deep only) and everything seemed fine until I opened the battery cover only to find that water had actually made its way through the seal and hit the back of the battery...which I totally did not expect, where Samsung claimed that it can survive 30 mins in a meter deep pool, and people have lasted their phones for a good over an hour in a meter deep pool, mine did not last 20 secs in about 3 inches :|

Anyway, the phone is functioning properly, there is totally nothing wrong, I'm just guessing something happened to the hall sensor(which detects if the battery cover is on or off), as its not telling me to firmly seal the cover when I open it. The charger\usb cover in the bottom however, works alright I believe...after removing the charger cable, I get the close the thing message, but only after I remove the cable...if I randomly open the cover, it will not recognize that it's open(I'm not sure if that's just how it is or if it changed after water went it)...

And yes, before I went underwater I made 1223218343% sure that both the battery cover and the charger cover were firmly sealed.

What I have done so far after I noticed the water break in, I turned it off, I opened it up and removed the battery and dried it as good as I could, and left it in a bowl of rice overnight. Which did not help at all.

Again, I don't know anyone else that owns an S5 so I don't know if I'm just exaggerating or if there is actually a problem with the phone, because after all, there was water on the back of my battery which tells me something.

Any ideas on what I should do now? How I should fix this problem? Appreciate any help thanks

~HC
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Check battery cover message problem...

Well nvm. Turns out even though the water managed to get through the seal, there was no damage done at all...I checked a few phones at Samsung's store and it turns out that thats just how it was. Nothing changed...thread can be closed now ☺

Posted via Android Central App