Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Any ETA on the Wireless Samsung S Charger Kit for the Galaxy S5?

I can't find much information. Anyone heard about a release date for it?

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

Default Re: Any ETA on the Wireless Samsung S Charger Kit for the Galaxy S5?

Good luck, I'm still waiting for the official Samsung wireless charger for my S3.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I can't even find the wireless charging pad that Samsung released last year for the Galaxy S4.

really interested in this too, unless the charge speed is too slow. I love how fast the S5 charges from USB3/the OEM wall charger.

I have heard wireless charging is 40% slower. That's fine for overnight charging.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by finndo77 View Post
    really interested in this too, unless the charge speed is too slow. I love how fast the S5 charges from USB3/the OEM wall charger.
    I didn't think it charged any faster then the S4 with the standard USB cable.

I see the Samsung "Mini" wireless charging pad coming soon so I'll wait for it also.

Wonder if the new S5 wireless charging back will be thicker then the stock back and still fit into cases?

I believe it is the exact same size, look, and feel.

The back cover you posted. Says won't ship until june 6th.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    I have heard wireless charging is 40% slower. That's fine for overnight charging.
    Pretty much but to me overnight is easy to just plug the cord in.. Rather than spending extra cash on another charger .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.

I've never had a wireless charger before...will it work through a case? I have the Spiegen ultra fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMandi View Post
    I've never had a wireless charger before...will it work through a case? I have the Spiegen ultra fit.
    I don't know much about the off brand ones but in the past all the Samsung wireless back covers are pretty thick. The only case I got my Note 3 to fit w/ the cover is an Otterbox Defender and even w/ that it was super snug. I couldn't snap the Otterbox shell together and relied on the rubber part to hold everything together. You could always buy a wireless charging receiver that goes inside, something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Stand...0-20&m1k=vb_ac but not sure if they have them out for the s5 yet

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Pretty much but to me overnight is easy to just plug the cord in.. Rather than spending extra cash on another charger .
    I read in bed, so I end up trying to plug the phone on the nightstand half asleep, and it's much harder with the S5 compared to the S4.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    The back cover you posted. Says won't ship until june 6th.

Yep, OP wanted to know availability/ETA, so thats the availability/ETA via amazon

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0

If you consider third party options, will need to make sure it had the water proposing gasket that makes the phone IP67 capable....if you care about that sort of thing. I've seen a number of them don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel808 View Post
    I don't know much about the off brand ones but in the past all the Samsung wireless back covers are pretty thick. The only case I got my Note 3 to fit w/ the cover is an Otterbox Defender and even w/ that it was super snug. I couldn't snap the Otterbox shell together and relied on the rubber part to hold everything together. You could always buy a wireless charging receiver that goes inside, something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Stand...0-20&m1k=vb_ac but not sure if they have them out for the s5 yet
    My note 3 with Samsung charging back worked with the Trident Kraken ams case.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Sahrul lajuk

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Once you experience wireless charging, its hard to buy a phone without it. IMO one of the best features ever. I too am waiting on the wireless charging cover. Any charging pad on Amazon will work perfectly.

Sent from my badass Samsung Galaxy S5

Samsung Galaxy S5 Wireless Charging cover Amazon.com: Samsung Wireless Charging Cover for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories on Amazon.com. As for the charging pad that was posted earlier you can use any compatible wireless charging pad.

Here is the GS4 wireless charging pad for $50 Amazon.com: Samsung Samsung Galaxy S4 Qi Compatible Wireless Charging Pad w/ 2amp Travel Charger (Compatible with Wireless Charging S-View and Flip Cover Case) - Desktop Charger - Retail Packaging - Charging Pad (Gray): Cell Phones & Accessories so who needs it to be the Galaxy S5 charging pad.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I'm not going to be too happy if the wireless charging back makes the S5 thicker. What will I do with all the cases I already purchased?

The charging cover is always make it a bit thicker which is exactly why Samsung needs to start including it. It does not cost $50 to make that cover and its not worth $50 so they need to integrate it and call it a day.

We'll soon find out if this statement at Samsung means exactly the same slim profile or sort of the same:

"The Wireless Battery Cover was designed by Samsung to seamlessly match the look and feel of your Galaxy S 5 ensuring that your phone maintains its original style and slim profile." @ Galaxy S 5 Wireless Charging Cover, White

ShopBLT had an ETA on these of 4/30, they've updated to no ETA and they're at 79 backorders. I don't think Amazon ETAs are meaningful, they're more like "go away, not now."

Tylt claims that because their Vu charger is 12 volt rather than 5 and has three coils, it can charge as fast as 2 amp 5v wired chargers.

If you register your phone, you will get an email with 50% of any accessory less than $50, so I just kept checking the Samsung website to see the status of the Wireless Cover and Pad and finally on Thursday I noticed that they finally listed the S5 accessories, the Wireless Cover and Mini pad just show as Coming Soon, but I proceeded to try to order them and I received an email confirming that the items I wanted must be available within 14 days and that I will receive an email when they are ready to be purchased. So If they apply the 50% discount on both items (So far it's not clear if it works that way) I can get both Items for about $40 plus shipping.

Battery Cover - http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EP-CG900IBUSTA

Wirless Charging Pad mini - http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EP-PG900IBUSTA

Yes that should be fine as long as your wireless receiver has at least 1 amp rating
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast