Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cpaight
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default UCCW weather fix?

Anyone know how to get UCCW weather to be accurate? I've searched but all I've found is people complaining about the same thing, but nothing that might actually fix it.

(After spending an hour creating a nice widget that I liked, I realized that it was telling me that it was 30 degrees and raining, when in reality it was 47 degrees and partly cloudly...)

If there's no fix, anyone know an app like UCCW that actually works?

Global Posts
    406 Global Posts

Default Re: UCCW weather fix?

I know that if you go into setting you can change the weather service that's providing the data, that could fix your issue. Also make sure your location settings are correct so that it's actually showing weather for your area. As for other apps, Zooper is similar in that you can use it to create widgets....I can't speak to how good the weather data is though.
    Thanked by:
    todd_k 
    todd_k likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by todd_k View Post
    Anyone know how to get UCCW weather to be accurate? I've searched but all I've found is people complaining about the same thing, but nothing that might actually fix it.

(After spending an hour creating a nice widget that I liked, I realized that it was telling me that it was 30 degrees and raining, when in reality it was 47 degrees and partly cloudly...)

If there's no fix, anyone know an app like UCCW that actually works?
    I use HD widgets weather and I have the option for weather bug or Accuweather to be parsed in, very accurate.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    todd_k 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks guys, I'll check those out.
    cpaight - I tried everything with uccw. I give up.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by cpaight View Post
    I know that if you go into setting you can change the weather service that's providing the data, that could fix your issue. Also make sure your location settings are correct so that it's actually showing weather for your area. As for other apps, Zooper is similar in that you can use it to create widgets....I can't speak to how good the weather data is though.
    Initial reaction is that zooper is very cool. Much more configurable than uccw, and has the correct weather info. I will play with it more later. Thanks a'plenty for this recommendation!