Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Warning: Camera Failed on Sprint Galaxy S5

Anyone getting this? My wifes S5 is doing this while my S5 works fine. She'll open the camera and it will be totally frozen and not do anything. Then she'll get a bunch of "Warning: Camera Failed" pop-ups. The only way to get it back is reboot the phone and then the camera works for a while, until it just does it again for no reason. We're on Sprint.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Default re: Warning: Camera Failed on Sprint Galaxy S5

How recently has this started happening?

have you performed a hard reset on the device yet?
    Sprint employee // Gadget Dude // Product Ambassador | Experience with Android

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdman View Post
    Anyone getting this? My wifes S5 is doing this while my S5 works fine. She'll open the camera and it will be totally frozen and not do anything. Then she'll get a bunch of "Warning: Camera Failed" pop-ups. The only way to get it back is reboot the phone and then the camera works for a while, until it just does it again for no reason. We're on Sprint.
    It's a Verizon version isn't it? Here is your answer Galaxy S5: Camera Failed Bug Affects Verizon Galaxy S5 | BGR

Quote Originally Posted by Riley2521 View Post
    It's a Verizon version isn't it? Here is your answer Galaxy S5: Camera Failed Bug Affects Verizon Galaxy S5 | BGR
    said " we're on sprint"

I was reading last night on Flipboard how they found some malware in the Google playstore posing as live wallpapers. Supposedly, the malware is being used for Bitcoin mining and taxes the hell out of the processor and your device. Perhaps this may be causing these devices to 'burn out'....who knows. Be careful what you guys are DLing into your device.

Here is the article......

http://www.cnet.com/news/bitcoin-min...t-google-play/

Quote Originally Posted by Riley2521 View Post
    Strong reading
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

SPRINT, like I said in the original post. Jsut been happening within the last few days as far as I know. Why would I do a "Hard Reset?" The phone is brand new out of the box. Why would that matter?

Replace it, still have the 1 year warranty and 99% sure you'll get a new phone and not refurbished since its so new

If it has been less than 14 days, take it back to the Sprint store and make them swap it out.

Thanked by 2:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

So, do I take it to a Sprint store or where I got the phone?

So, do I take it to a Sprint store or where I got the phone?
    Return it to where ever you got the phone.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I got it at Sam's club, do you think that will matter or should I take it in there and have them exchange it anyway? Today is like day 14, I think I may have until tomorrow.

I got it at Sam's club, do you think that will matter or should I take it in there and have them exchange it anyway? Today is like day 14, I think I may have until tomorrow.
    Go to Sam's Club TODAY and give it back to them for either the same or another phone. Hopefully they won't hassle you for the exchange.

If you bought it at Sam's club, more than likely you will have to return it there, not sure how Sprint operates, but I would do it today if I were you. The sooner the better.

Posted via Android Central App

SPRINT, like I said in the original post. Jsut been happening within the last few days as far as I know. Why would I do a "Hard Reset?" The phone is brand new out of the box. Why would that matter?
    It has been reported to fix the issue with the camera.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    JS_racer likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Thanks. How do I perform a hard reset?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Hard reset:
    Goto Settings

(for Grid View)
    USER AND BACKUP
    Backup and reset>Factory data reset

(for List View)
    USER AND BACKUP

(for Tab View)
    General Tab
    USER AND BACKUP
    Sprint employee // Gadget Dude // Product Ambassador | Experience with Android
    Thanked by:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Seems like a lot of work for something that is reported to not correct the issue.

Seems like a lot of work for something that is reported to not correct the issue.
    So then return it if its too much work for you to do a reset. Also, how would you know it doesn't work if you haven't tried it yourself??

Follow the steps below. .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Warning: Camera Failed on Sprint Galaxy S5-1398452824318.jpg   Warning: Camera Failed on Sprint Galaxy S5-1398452832057.jpg   Warning: Camera Failed on Sprint Galaxy S5-1398452839199.jpg  
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:

Sprint just released a new Device Firmware update yesterday for the S5. You might want to install that first and see if it fixes any of the bugs.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

I take it none of you have read the articles.

Users have tried relaunching the app, rebooting the phone and even performing a factory reset, but nothing has fixed the problem at this point. The issue is believed to be hardware related ...
    Thanks for the info on Factory Restore. I knew how to do that, it is just someone previously mentioned "hard reset" as apposed to calling it a Factory Reset. I thought maybe they were a bit different, but I guess not.

As far as the Sprint firmware update goes, that update does not address any updates to the camera itself, just that it allows camera interaction within a voice call. Yes I have it already.

I have a Sprint S5 too, but I haven't had any problem with the camera so far.

I've taken about 50 or so pictures and about 4 videos. One video is 5 minutes long.(My son searching for Easter Eggs on Easter Sunday in the backyard) No problems with it though.

It's possible you may just have a dud camera. Definitely make use of your warranty and/or return policy. No sense in worrying about it. Get it replaced ASAP!

Question - are you/were you saving photos/videos directly to a SDcard or the internal memory?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast