Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Maffee
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Spotify lockscreen media controls - not working?

EDIT: Found a solution. See 2nd response

Hello androidcentral.

I recently upgraded to a Galaxy S5 and thus far I'm really liking it. I do however have one small problem that actually affects me quite a lot, namely Spotify and its lack of media control buttons when the phone is locked. The weird thing is that whenever I pause a song (with an external controller) and the lock-screen is active, the supposed widget flashes before my eyes (complete with album art).

I would like to think I know how to google and that this is something that doesn't happen regularly to other S5 owners. But my googling has turned up nothing of value, which is why I am turning towards this forum.

I have tried clearing cache, as well as reinstalling Spotify. I have also restarted the phone multiple times to no success. I also looked through most of the settings regarding lock screen/security, did not find anything relevant.
    Obviously I'm running kitkat 4.4.2.
    I honestly don't know what to do. This is getting increasingly annoying and I don't have the slightest clue of what is wrong. I read somewhere that "no widgets were available in lock screen", but that sounds incredibly stupid, since the media control itself flashes as I mentioned.
    Last edited by Maffee; 04-25-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Default Re: Spotify lockscreen media controls - not working?

Hey! Coincidentally I have the same problem! Have you found a solution yet mate?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Actually, after digging a little bit more, I did find a solution.
    Turns out headset control programs were blocking the widget. One of the first things I did was install "Jays Headset Control", so naturally this never crossed my mind.
    I uninstalled it and now it works wonderfully. Hopefully somebody with similar issues will find the solution quicker than I did.
    Thanked by:
    Etmundyong likes this.

Thank you so much bro!!! I encountered the EXACT SAME issue as you!!! Just like what happened after you had installed the Jays Headset Control! I have been searching all over the internet, all simply say we have to use the stock rom, it doesn't even provide me a clear clue! So until i saw your post! And i just created this account to thank you! Thank you so much bro!!! God bless you! Have a great day!