Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen Slow To Wake During Phone Call For Keypad Use

Loving this phone. One question, is there a way to adjust how quickly the screen wakes during a phone call?

For instance, I make a call to a service center or voicemail set-up where you are asked to enter numbers for customer service or a different extensions etc from your keypad, but, when I pull the phone away from my ear, it takes a couple seconds to register and wake up the screen so I can use the keypad. Sometimes this creates an awkward pause or dead time.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a way to adjust it?

Thanks for the help!

Default Re: Screen Slow To Wake During Phone Call For Keypad Use

I haven't noticed much lag with having the screen turn on when I move the phone away from my head, but here's what I do.

When I'm making a phone call and I know that there's going to be a prompt for me to enter numbers, extensions, etc, I dial the number and immediately turn speaker phone on and pull up the number pad. Once I'm finally at the right extension or department, I take it off speaker phone.

Posted via Android Central App

I have same irritating problem! None of my previous 5 phones have done this! I already always have my keypad ready to enter numbers at prompts, etc, but the screen goes black as it's suppose to when up to my ear. Then when I lower it for prompts or whatever, the screen takes a couple seconds to light back up. I hope there is a setting to make this faster. Voice/sound recognition programs for number entry are not very patient! Lol

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,738 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by AaronZSeattle View Post
    Loving this phone. One question, is there a way to adjust how quickly the screen wakes during a phone call?

For instance, I make a call to a service center or voicemail set-up where you are asked to enter numbers for customer service or a different extensions etc from your keypad, but, when I pull the phone away from my ear, it takes a couple seconds to register and wake up the screen so I can use the keypad. Sometimes this creates an awkward pause or dead time.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a way to adjust it?

Thanks for the help!
    Do you have a case on it that may be partially blocking the proximity sensor?
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.