Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default how's performance

Hey Guys,

I am almost due for a new phone and I am torn between the M8 and the S5. I like the features of the S5 but the smoothness of the M8. I am slightly nervous about the camera on the M8 (I am not a huge photo junkie) and I am nervous about the performance of the S5. Currently I have a Droid Razr and it drives me NUTS because of the lag. Everything I do lags and the worst is with Chrome. everytime I open chrome it wants to reload the webpage and it drives me nuts. I saw a video that shows the S5 reloading Chrome every time you open it. So it has me thinking, how is the performance you guys are seeing thus far? Thanks in advance

Default Re: how's performance

No complaints here. I did a side by side of the M8 and S5 in the Tmo store and the M8 was slightly and I stress slightly quicker to respond but that's common knowledge that Sense is quicker than TouchWiz. I reduced the animation scale on the S5 and it's a lot more peppy now. Overall the phone is much smoother and responsive than my S4. Speed aside the camera on the S5 is leaps and bounds better than the M8. The M8 camera will probably suffice for most people that don't take a lot of pictures with their phone, but I use mine constantly. The M8 is definitely a nice phone but I think the S5 give you more bang for your buck. I put cases on all of my phones so the nice aluminum body of the M8 would get covered anyway and just end up weighing more in my pocket.

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk