screen sleep of death issues!

stanleydaman

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
So im facing some weird issues with my Samsung s5. In the house my phone works fine, no screen sleep issues, no laggy apps. Anytime I go outside the house, my phone will for some odd reason refuse to work properly. My aps get laggy. My screen will not turn on yet the soft keys are illuminated anytime I press the home button. If I do press the power button the phone restarts yet the screen will still not turn on! I have to usually reseat the battery which then is a hassle since I do have a case. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so what have you guys done? I thought about returning but cannot anymore so im stuck with this dud I guess. I called Samsung and they told me that they could replace it but will take 7 weeks. This would be last option but I thought I might as well ask here and perhaps someone might have a solution. I am from Canada and with Telus if that makes a difference. I also have the latest firmware, no new apps installed and using stock launcher (touch whiz).
I am not being rude but I hope someone else has this issue and has a fix for this!

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
OK, this is a new one on me! maybe your S5 doesn't like the sun, LOL!
Seriously, try a factory reset to see if this could help. You have to setup your phone again but since you have no apps installed you won't be loosing anything so it is a fairly painless option that may just fix your problem...Settings/Backup and reset/Factory data reset.
Cheers

stanleydaman

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I know right its so weird. I am sitting in my house and my phone is working 100 percent! I had to go to west Edmonton mall (I live in albeta) today and as soon as I got there I started having hang ups? Makes no sense whatsoever? Could it be my data is causing this? At home im running on wifi and my data is off.
Anyways as for the reset, yes I have done reset. Problem will go away but will come back as soon as I leave my house? When I told everything to the Samsung rep he was confused as I was and had no answer. As much as I want to send in my device I rather see if ppl have found other ways even if it requires me rooting.

- - - Updated - - -

hmm alright ill try that. I thought if I have the screen lock to 30 minutes and display set to 5 itll chew up battery faster?

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm hanging same sort of issue, but not limited to when I leave the house. I am experimenting with the "Location" setting though because I've noticed less problems when I have it turned off. Wonder if something with "Location" is causing these lags?

Posted via Android Central App

stanleydaman

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that was my first impression too but when I had my gps turned off but data on, I started experiencing this issue. At home I have my gps and data turned off and my phone functions perfectly. It could be data that's causing it. Not 100 percent sure though unfort.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63