new tmobile S5 on craig list

allipki

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I see a lot of new S5 offered in Chicago area Craig list for good price, most of them new phone with charger only, no box or anything else.
Any experience buying like this and where do you think they are getting these phones from.
thanks

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I too have wondered why phones are advertised without the box, charger, etc especially with such a new device. And also wonder why they are selling for lower that what they can return it for (if still within their return window as they say "only one week old, etc), even with the restocking fee.

I have sold some old devices on CL and always would offer to meet at the carrier store to ensure the prospective buyer the phone is legit.

Just be careful when you deal with CL.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
That sounds kind of sketchy, but I have no personal experience with buying phones on craigslist so who knows.

Posted via Android Central App

brun019822

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I would not buy a tmobile phone on craigslist or ebay its too easy for them to report the phone lost or stolen, I just switched from verizon to tmobile and Im dumbfounded how the whole thing is setup with tmobile that you can get black listed months after owning the phone. I would not take the chance. I purchased a verizon S5 on ebay to use it on tmobile, everything worked fine except hotspot, which I use quite often for my ipad when im in my van doing paperwork. I was contemplating if I should buy it on ebay or just picking one up at a tmobile store, at the end I didnt want to take a chance just to save $50-$80 I went to tmobile store today and purchased it. im my opinion if you are not buying it from a friend or a family member, good chances are you will get burned.