S5 Problems with Gear Manager..

Nigel Rankin

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a SIM-free S5, and just got the Gear 2 Neo.

I have been able to successfully pair the devices and the Neo appears to be working OK.
However, when I use Gear Manager on the S5 I can't get into most of the detail screens.
For example, if I click on Notifications, it shows me the next screen for about a second, then flashes back to the first screen.
I am getting text message notifications on the Neo.

I have tried resetting the Neo and starting from scratch (twice), uninstalling Gear Manager each time but this has not cured the problem.
I have applied all updates to Android and Samsung apps.

Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks

Nigel Rankin

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Actually, this problem now seems to have resolved itself. I've applied system software and app updates as they became available and a few days ago I was able to use the Gear Manager app without any problems.

However, I have an app for a UK bank which seems to have a similar problem (briefly flashes through a passcode input screen) and this still doesn't work after the recent updates.

Nigel Rankin

Michael Marranca

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I've found the fix. I backed up my S5 using Kies. I did a factory re-install...wiping out everything. Then I installed the Gear 2 Manager and paired / sync'd the Gear 2 phone...worked flawlessly! They I re-installed all the apps. And it still works perfectly.

Fiso S

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I've tried everything from wiping and installing a backup of the app when it was working, but it eventually wanted to update when i reopened the app and then broken again.. Tried just installing the manager and that's it, but it still wanted to update.

Still not working.. Anyone else got this working? Apparently only affecting a select number of handsets?

F