Location mode switch

mrgou

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know an app that can help quickly switching between location modes? I often need the High Accuracy mode for navigation, but would rather be able to quickly go back to Battery Saving any other time. A widget switch would be very helpful. There's a stock widget in KitKat, but Samsung seems to have removed it.

Cheers!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know an app that can help quickly switching between location modes? I often need the High Accuracy mode for navigation, but would rather be able to quickly go back to Battery Saving any other time. A widget switch would be very helpful. There's a stock widget in KitKat, but Samsung seems to have removed it.

Cheers!
I took a quick look on the Play Store and didn't see a widget or toggle for the High Accuracy GPS mode. You can try Tasker and see if it gives you the option to automatically enable this mode when using Navigation: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&token=bbTvJOfo

There might also be a free App, so take a look let us know if it works for your case.

mrgou

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I took a quick look on the Play Store and didn't see a widget or toggle for the High Accuracy GPS mode. You can try Tasker and see if it gives you the option to automatically enable this mode when using Navigation: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&token=2smOox1S

It seems that it can be done with Tasker: Automatically Toggle ‘High Accuracy’ Location Mode on Android | Colin Sullender

I'm also trying to get that toggle triggered by an NFC tag in my car.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Cheers!

If you have location on your notification bar you can just do a long press on the icon to bring up settings for the location service and select power mode or high accuracy

That's just one swipe down and 3 presses and notification bar is always accessible, not sure other than a custom shortcut how you could do it any faster or simpler using another app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance