Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Location mode switch

Does anyone know an app that can help quickly switching between location modes? I often need the High Accuracy mode for navigation, but would rather be able to quickly go back to Battery Saving any other time. A widget switch would be very helpful. There's a stock widget in KitKat, but Samsung seems to have removed it.

Cheers!

Global Posts
    8,105 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Location mode switch

Quote Originally Posted by mrgou View Post
    Does anyone know an app that can help quickly switching between location modes? I often need the High Accuracy mode for navigation, but would rather be able to quickly go back to Battery Saving any other time. A widget switch would be very helpful. There's a stock widget in KitKat, but Samsung seems to have removed it.

Cheers!
    I took a quick look on the Play Store and didn't see a widget or toggle for the High Accuracy GPS mode. You can try Tasker and see if it gives you the option to automatically enable this mode when using Navigation: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.taskerm

There might also be a free App, so take a look let us know if it works for your case.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    I took a quick look on the Play Store and didn't see a widget or toggle for the High Accuracy GPS mode. You can try Tasker and see if it gives you the option to automatically enable this mode when using Navigation: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.taskerm
    It seems that it can be done with Tasker: Automatically Toggle ‘High Accuracy’ Location Mode on Android | Colin Sullender

I'm also trying to get that toggle triggered by an NFC tag in my car.

Ir: Automatically Toggle High Accuracy Location Mode on Android | Colin Sullender

I'm also trying to get that toggle triggered by an NFC tag in my car.
    Please update if you get the NFC tag in car to work. I would love to use this way to turn off just the GPS but leave network location on while at work or in my house.

Thanks

Jack

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Cheers!
    If you have location on your notification bar you can just do a long press on the icon to bring up settings for the location service and select power mode or high accuracy

That's just one swipe down and 3 presses and notification bar is always accessible, not sure other than a custom shortcut how you could do it any faster or simpler using another app