If you use a launcher with no lock screen replacement app, do you just have the stock lockscreen?

beyondthesmile

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Help a girl out. LOL. If you use a launcher with no lock screen replacement app, do you just have the stock lockscreen? So if I were using, say, Nova (because that seems to be a popular one), but did not install a lock screen replacement app/widget would my lock screen just me the one that I'd usually have with the s5? Bonus if you can tell me if this would this also include Samsung's stock "new email/message/missed call" banners on the lock screen?

By the way, I played with an S5 yesterday - THE SCREEN IS GORGEOUS!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Taking a shot in the dark here but if you use another launcher it is going to be on top of TouchWiz so you won't be seeing TouchWiz at all you will be seeing for example Nova Launcher's lock screen, widgets etc. There are widget plugins you can get and use with Nova along with icon packs etc. You can also try Beautiful Android Themes, Wallpapers, and Homescreens My Color Screen Theme Replacements which are really cool and a way to add new life, look and feel into your phone. Plus you will some of the cool things you want.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Nova with stock lock screen and I don't have any issues, actually like the stock lock screen. Pin, password, fingerprint lock, they all work fine

The panda has spoken

beyondthesmile

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Nova with stock lock screen and I don't have any issues, actually like the stock lock screen. Pin, password, fingerprint lock, they all work fine

The panda has spoken

When you get a new message do you get a banner type notification on the lock screen? (Instead of just in notification center)

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The lock screen stays exactly the same as it was before you installed your launcher. The only way to change it is if you install a 3rd party lock screen app. No worries.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app