Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help With Case...

So I ordered the "ultra-fit" Spigen case and, while it's beautifully made and obviously a quality product I was dismayed to find that it was super-slippery (like holding a piece of ice on a 90 degree day slippery!!!). Back it goes.

My requirements for a case are as follows:

*Very slim fit -- even minimal protection is fine

*Must have cutouts for the power/volume rocker -- rubber overlays render the buttons very hard to push effectively

*Must have at least decent grip -- not necessarily rubbery sticky, but something that makes it secure

*Must have a really good cutout on the bottom for the charger door to allow full access for a car charger, etc.

That's pretty much does it for my wish list.

Any suggestions?
    Sent from Verizon Galaxy S5 (usually) in NYC

Default Re: Help With Case...

My husband uses the otter box defender case on his s5. Good grip and a lot less bulky than previous otterboxes. I have one on my M8 too.

Posted via Android Central App

I hate cases but I also hate when I see someone caring their phone naked... WITH A BROKEN SCREEN!!

I have purchased several cases and found one I love. There is very minimal added bulk, added grip, face down screen protection and easily glides in and out of the pocket. Go to Best Buy and try on the Tech21 Tactical case. Well made and looked good. It does have covered buttons but they are very responsive!

Posted via Android Central App

What color ultra fit did you buy? I can tell you that the black one is very grippy (much grippier than the white version).

I purchased the Folio Case made by Samsung for ATT. It replaces the back cover and has a flip door with a window for the camera. It costs $ 50.00.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by jonebk12 View Post
    What color ultra fit did you buy? I can tell you that the black one is very grippy (much grippier than the white version).
    So funny you mention that. I went back on the site and noticed that the "smooth" ulta-fit have much better grip characteristics than the other colors and the ones that mimic the back of the GS5 (i.e. the ones with the dots). The one with the dots is what I'm returning and I've already ordered the "smooth" black Spigen ultra-fit. I love Spigen quality and fit and finish...I just hated the shipperiness of the first one. Thanks for the tip though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, I saw that. I just ordered the "smooth" black one.

I got explosion Tempered glass screen protector they are awesome

Global Posts
    1,989 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.1 Lollipop

Try Spigen Slim Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    So I ordered the "ultra-fit" Spigen case and, while it's beautifully made and obviously a quality product I was dismayed to find that it was super-slippery (like holding a piece of ice on a 90 degree day slippery!!!). Back it goes.

My requirements for a case are as follows:

*Very slim fit -- even minimal protection is fine

*Must have cutouts for the power/volume rocker -- rubber overlays render the buttons very hard to push effectively

*Must have at least decent grip -- not necessarily rubbery sticky, but something that makes it secure

*Must have a really good cutout on the bottom for the charger door to allow full access for a car charger, etc.

That's pretty much does it for my wish list.

Any suggestions?
    Current Device: Nexus 6 & Nexus Player

Current Carrier: Sprint