Battery life....

Nicky_Rizzles

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Feel like this is terrible for battery life. Let me know what you guys think I'm new to Android and I love this phone so much just haven't been over whelemed with the battery life.

It's good don't get me wrong my iPhone stayed on the charger the whole day when I used it but I don't know what's going on where I should be getting battery life like this where others seem to get much better.

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Screenshot_2014-04-26-08-17-13.png

Screenshot_2014-04-26-08-17-18.png

Screenshot_2014-04-27-01-19-52.png

Screenshot_2014-04-27-01-19-25.png

- Nick

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
U should try and find a stable wifi network... LTE and wifi constantly switching will knock ur battery

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Nicky_Rizzles

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Just woke up with wifi on all night and phone in block list and the battery is like this

Battery when I went to sleep: 75

When I woke up

63% 

edge4628

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Try, settings>WiFi>advanced uncheck always allow scanning and change the 'keep WiFi on during sleep' setting to, only when plugged in. I just changed from iPhone as well so I am trying to figure this out. My battery life the first few days was not good, I went through and disabled any bloatware I could find like Samsung link platform and anything else the phone came with im not using. Mine seemed to have improved after working with it.

Like SactoKingsFan said download Gsam battery monitor to help monitor battery usage. Also if you go to settings>developer options>process stats, it should give you an idea of what's running more then others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Swipe down with 2 fingers and then set Ultra Power Saving when you sleep at night. That will add hours of life to your battery.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Feel like this is terrible for battery life. Let me know what you guys think I'm new to Android and I love this phone so much just haven't been over whelemed with the battery life.

It's good don't get me wrong my iPhone stayed on the charger the whole day when I used it but I don't know what's going on where I should be getting battery life like this where others seem to get much better.

Thanks

View attachment 115003

View attachment 115004

View attachment 115005

View attachment 115006

- Nick

That looks really bad compared to what I'm getting on mine. With everything on and screen on auto, I'm getting about 36 hrs avg up time with about 8 hrs. screen time. 80% on Wifi. You might have a rogue app or something checking location constantly. If you have a Google acct., I would consider backing up your acct. and doing a reset. Maybe someone else can offer a quicker fix, but that is pretty low considering what I'm seeing on mine and my friends. Once you figure it out you'll definitely be enjoying the battery life of this phone.

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton