Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: Notification sounds when I do not actually have a notification

I am having an issue with my S5 ever since I got it. Multiple times throughout the day, I hear a notification sound (like I have a text message) but there is no notification of any sort what so ever whenever I review my phone.

I did not have the issue on my GS4, and I pretty much have all the same apps installed. Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Notification sounds when I do not actually have a notification

BUMP

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Notification sounds when I do not actually have a notification

I'm having the same issue and I've turned off all the different app notifications I could find.

Global Posts
    1,656 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

I use the Yahoo Mail app and it gives a notification when new emails received. There's nothing in the settings to change this. Do you use an email app like Yahoo?

Quote Originally Posted by Tampaguy75 View Post
    I am having an issue with my S5 ever since I got it. Multiple times throughout the day, I hear a notification sound (like I have a text message) but there is no notification of any sort what so ever whenever I review my phone.

I did not have the issue on my GS4, and I pretty much have all the same apps installed. Has anyone else experienced this?

If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
    Thanked by:

Yahoo mail, that's it! Ug, that occasional sound with no visual notification has been driving me batty for months! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I even created an account on here just to say thank you! And did I mention thank you!?

By the way, I do see a settings option to have "no sound" opposed to Yahoo's default sound.

Go to settings - sound. Scroll down to notifications. Select silent.

Hi all,

I was really hoping for an answer to this problem.
    Samsung tell me it is a bug in one of the non approved apps I have installed. Is there a way to know which one ??
    I have disabled all the notifications in all the apps I can think of.
    Have performed a Factory Reset and then reinstalled most of the apps I had before. Yet, the problem continues. (Of course if the bug is in one of the apps!)

Any advice please ? It's driving me mad.

Thank,
    Tara

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem. My S5 would make the notification sound exactly every five minutes. I had recently downloaded Facebook Messenger and I disabled the notifications on all of my apps but still received the notifications. I have since uninstalled the app and - VIOLA - no more irritating notification sounds while there is no activity. Your problem may not be Facebook Messenger but another app the the S5 OS doesn't like. I suggest that you look at when the problem started and then uninstall the apps installed around that time. I hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!

See my post below. I had a problem with Facebook Messenger and uninstalled it. No more problems!!! Try uninstalling all of your social media apps and then install one by one. When you get the notification sound, that is the app that S5 OS doesn't like.

Hope this helps