S5 internet home page issue

that1guy702

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
more of just an annoyance. so whenever I tap the internet button,, (not chrome) it goes to the quick access page with google, yelp, acuweather etc. 8 little boxes. The issue is I have the homepage set to just plain ol google. it never defaults to just google. I chose that as my homepage so why does the quick access page always come up first? just a pain to open internet.. then have to tap google or the home screen button and then tap the google search bar to enter my query. I just want it to default open to google. any ideas?

TinsleyC

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine is set the same way, and does the same thing. Frustrating.

Also, now that Contact addresses are split into multiple fields, how do you "copy" an entire address so you can "paste" it into something else?

I want 4.3 back!

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You can add Web sites to the quick access. When you are on the Web page, choose settings and add from there.

Not sure how to make something you're home page to default there.

If you want just the Google home screen, long press on the home button. At least mine is set up that way. I just tried and it even worked while I was in this forum.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have always wanted to know how to do that. I have Google set as my home page, but my browser opens up to whatever page I was on last, so I always back out to Google so it will be there the next time I tap internet. I wish when I tapped internet it would just take me to my damn home page. That is annoying and has annoyed me on every internet phone I've ever had.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Another thought. Do you have a home page with the Google search bar on it? If you're using a different home screen, like Nova Launcher, can you add the widget?

I'm referring to the "ok Google" widget.

Posted via Android Central App

Nitrometh

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
What I did to fix the problem was,
1 push the internet button, this goes to the quick access page.
2 push the tabs button top right, the tabs you have open will be displayed.
3 click the ( - ) next to the quick access tab to close it.
4 exit out of the internet app back to the home screen.
5 Watch as the magic happens next time you press the internet button. It will go to what ever you have set as your homepage.
Your welcome

Smrlvn

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Help please!!!...so frustrating! ! Has anyone been able to resolve the problem of quick access coming up as home page?..I would like for it to go away completely! !

excal93

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Just go to your internet settings and select "Set Homepage" select a different homepage (just reenter google even) and it will say that it will open your homepage rather than quick access tabs when you start up. Worked for me

RBinPerson

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, however it only began this evening. Internet Explorer has always opened on the homepage I set for it (att.net). Now it opens on Quick Access. I have tried all the solutions mentioned: closing open tabs; resetting the Homepage in settings; clearing history. No luck. In fact, the homepage is still set to att.net, and if I hit the Home button, IE goes to att.net, but the back button is highlighted and it goes back to Quick Access! Very annoying. Why would this suddenly occur, and how do I fix it?

rein0126

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
To change internet homepage, make sure to close all web browsers. Go to your phone settings and click on the "internet," located on the very bottom. Hit the "Set homepage," hit "Other" and type the website you want to be your home page. Hit "Done." Hope that helps.

Smorgan200

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I have always wanted to know how to do that. I have Google set as my home page, but my browser opens up to whatever page I was on last, so I always back out to Google so it will be there the next time I tap internet. I wish when I tapped internet it would just take me to my damn home page. That is annoying and has annoyed me on every internet phone I've ever had.

I want to know how to get mine to open whatever page inwas on last. Can you help me with this?

David Johnson22

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I know this thread is old. However, if you're just reading then simply follow this approach and forget about everything else you read. Exiting the stock browser using the back button will only bring you pain and misery, and to the quick access page. If you try to be clever and open a new window from the right corner again it will only bring you to the quick access page first. You can try in vein all the different ways that have been suggested on this post but they won't work. The trick is to open the page you WANT TO SEE FIRST, in its OWN WINDOW. This will eliminate the forward and back button option. To do this (1) open your browser. (2) Google search for the page you want to your browser to open up to first. DO NOT go directly to this page! Rather, find the link and long press it. I know, I know, the light bulb just went right? Don't feel bad it took me forever searching the web and finding nothing. (3) Now choose the option to open in NEW WINDOW and close the first window and good buy quick access. Now you can't back into the QA page when closing the browser. The down side, if you clear data or cache you loose it. At least I think.

stdavis17

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
more of just an annoyance. so whenever I tap the internet button,, (not chrome) it goes to the quick access page with google, yelp, acuweather etc. 8 little boxes. The issue is I have the homepage set to just plain ol google. it never defaults to just google. I chose that as my homepage so why does the quick access page always come up first? just a pain to open internet.. then have to tap google or the home screen button and then tap the google search bar to enter my query. I just want it to default open to google. any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey