Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S5 dead after 4 days

Hello,

The first days with my galaxy s5, i realized that even with all applications turned off, the battery could drop from 80% to 0% during my sleep. Seems to be random because during usage and through other nights, the battery behaved perfectly normal.

And today, the same problem happened, except that now the phone will not even turn on
    I tried charging it with usb (from laptop) and from the charger, nothing
    I tried taking the battery away, and putting it back in, nothing
    I tried entering recovery mode or download mode, nothing

The strange thing also is that when i put my phone to charge, there seems to be a lot of heat coming from the upper left corner (when looking at the phone from behind) and spreading to the whole phone

Anybody knows what could be the cause, and how to solve it ?

Default Re: samsung galaxy s5 dead after 4 days

Something inside the phone is probably malfunctioning, take it back and get a new one.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 dead after 4 days

If you hit any of the buttons while charging, does the green battery charge icon come on? If it does, try pressing and holding down the power button for 30 seconds or however long it takes for it to vibrate and turn on. If there is no green battery, then it's dead and you need a replacement.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes, no light are turning on,
    The only reaction my phone now has from being plugged in, is generating heat on the top part of the phone

I guess I need a replacement ..
    But I am just surprised that this new phone only lasted 4 days.. I don't know if there have already been similar issues
    In your opinions, could it be that the battery was malfunctioning and sent strong currents to my phone destroying it ? or dust already inside the phone created a 'short-circuit" ?

Could be anything. A certain percentage of units are going to be duds. You happened to get one this time.

I has the same issue. Took it back and got a new one. Mine lasted 11 days...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Crestfield, before yours turned out dead, did the battery occasionally drop to 0% on standby ?

Exchange it ASAP

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Julien Pierret View Post
    Yes, no light are turning on,
    The only reaction my phone now has from being plugged in, is generating heat on the top part of the phone

I guess I need a replacement ..
    But I am just surprised that this new phone only lasted 4 days.. I don't know if there have already been similar issues
    In your opinions, could it be that the battery was malfunctioning and sent strong currents to my phone destroying it ? or dust already inside the phone created a 'short-circuit" ?
    I had same issue with my first. Completely unresponsive phone black screen same increase in heat at back of phone. Was swapped immediately.

Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thank you bestraincloud, happy to hear I am not an isolated case. I'll contact my network provider for a replacement monday

BTW, there's a chance that it's your battery that's bad and your phone is okay. If you remove the battery and lay the flat, does it spin? Is it bulging in the middle?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

The battery does not spin very well, so i guess it passed the test.
    And it gives out a 4V DC output according to my voltmeter

Sounds like the phone is bad.
    noo7na7 likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Yeah, i just don't understand how, by just laying on the shelf in standby, it can go from working with everything functional, to nothing working

Sounds like a dud. Replace it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Julien Pierret View Post
    Hello,

The first days with my galaxy s5, i realized that even with all applications turned off, the battery could drop from 80% to 0% during my sleep. Seems to be random because during usage and through other nights, the battery behaved perfectly normal.

And today, the same problem happened, except that now the phone will not even turn on
    I tried charging it with usb (from laptop) and from the charger, nothing
    I tried taking the battery away, and putting it back in, nothing
    I tried entering recovery mode or download mode, nothing

The strange thing also is that when i put my phone to charge, there seems to be a lot of heat coming from the upper left corner (when looking at the phone from behind) and spreading to the whole phone

Anybody knows what could be the cause, and how to solve it ?
    i want to buy your phone for display