Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Having issues with sprint lte not turning back on after a while.

So every time I restart the phone it connects to lte spark but anytime I lose lte and hip on 3g or WiFi it Will never connect back to lte unless I reboot the phone again . Anyone figure out a fix for this?

Default Re: Having issues with sprint lte not turning back on after a while.

I turn airplane mode on and back off again which works. Be nice if we didn't have to do that.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phoneaddict78 View Post
    I turn airplane mode on and back off again which works. Be nice if we didn't have to do that.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by smalba View Post
    So every time I restart the phone it connects to lte spark but anytime I lose lte and hip on 3g or WiFi it Will never connect back to lte unless I reboot the phone again . Anyone figure out a fix for this?

I had a drawn out conversation with the sprint forum pros here: Galaxy S5 3G to LTE Hand Off Issue - Samsung - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

And here is an indepth article about how tri-band phones and this issue: Nexus 5 and LG G2 experience temporary Sprint LTE connectivity issues due to Circuit Switched Fallback technology - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Long story short it doesnt look like our tri-band phones (S5 or M8) will keep lte without an airplane toggle until the area has been officially LTE/NV launched.

EDIT: Well, There is one sprint rep that seems to think there is work going on for a fix:https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/775678#775678
    Last edited by atg284; 04-27-2014 at 05:54 PM.
    Thanked by:

Bottom line is you shouldn't have to toggle anything to get 4G LTE! I live in Tampa, which has 4G and Spark turned on. And I'm having this issue. Unacceptable. It doesn't do it all the time, but it does (or doesn't) do it enough to be a pain in the ***.

Posted via Android Central App
    Buckeyes
    Thanked by:
    atg284 

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Clearo View Post
    Bottom line is you shouldn't have to toggle anything to get 4G LTE! I live in Tampa, which has 4G and Spark turned on. And I'm having this issue. Unacceptable. It doesn't do it all the time, but it does (or doesn't) do it enough to be a pain in the ***.

So do you not have to toggle airplane mode usually? Do you stay on LTE for the most part?

Honestly, it's 50/50. But the bottom line is it shouldn't be an issue. It should be either wifi, or automatically switch to LTE Spark. Toggling to airplane mode is not right.

Buckeyes

On sprint as well and having the same issues...husbands S3 will be on 4G/LTE while im struggling to acess the internet on 3G while using my S5...today is actually my last day to return this phone or exchange it...dont know if I should exchange it for another (what are the chances that one will work?) or just return the phone connect my old one and reinstate my upgrade.

I talked to Sprint when I got my GS5, after two days of conversations they finally told me that Spark LTE is not ready yet even though all construction was completed in my area, and that the phone will default to 3G every time because when it's on Lte it cannot get phone calls or text messages. They then told me that there is no fix at this time and to use 3g service or WiFi only. I then returned my phone and left Sprint for At&t. . Was bummed cause I've been with Sprint for over 10 years... But this AT&T service is amazing so far!

Also, the issue is only on tri band phones (Spark devices), Lte on my GS3 worked fine because It was not a tri band phone..

ok thanks for the info...now i may sound dumb now but that means that 4g wont come on either?