Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Backup Assistant for the S5?

    I would like to restore all of my backed up contacts (using the verizon backup assistant) onto my new Galaxy S5. The problem is I can't find the application online or on my phone. Can anyone give me a pointer to getting the assistant app or where it might be on my phone?

    -Thanks.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Backup Assistant for the S5?

    I could not find the Verizon backup assistant either so I used a Samsung App called Smart Switch.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Backup Assistant for the S5?

    Quote Originally Posted by darin_n View Post
    I would like to restore all of my backed up contacts (using the verizon backup assistant) onto my new Galaxy S5. The problem is I can't find the application online or on my phone. Can anyone give me a pointer to getting the assistant app or where it might be on my phone?

    -Thanks.
    Smart switch worked great for me.

    sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Backup Assistant for the S5?

    Back up assistant was replaced by cloud.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Backup Assistant for the S5?

    Quote Originally Posted by darin_n View Post
    I would like to restore all of my backed up contacts (using the verizon backup assistant) onto my new Galaxy S5. The problem is I can't find the application online or on my phone. Can anyone give me a pointer to getting the assistant app or where it might be on my phone?

    -Thanks.
    What phone did you come from?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Backup Assistant for the S5?

    Starting with the Kit Kat update on the S4, one can no longer write to an SD card. Thanks Samsung.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro
  7. #7  
    fofjjsr's Avatar
    Android4life

    Posts
    837 Posts

    Default Re: Backup Assistant for the S5?

    Quote Originally Posted by randun View Post
    Starting with the Kit Kat update on the S4, one can no longer write to an SD card. Thanks Samsung.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro
    Random comment considering it has nothing to do with this thread. Also you can thank Google for that, although it still writes, just not in the same way it use too.

    To answer the question, backup assistant was replace by Verizon Cloud, which I believe comes pre-installed.
    Droid Eris -> HTC EVO -> S2 -> S3 -> Note 2 -> S4 -> Note 3 -> S5
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Backup Assistant for the S5?

    Quote Originally Posted by fofjjsr View Post
    Random comment considering it has nothing to do with this thread. Also you can thank Google for that, although it still writes, just not in the same way it use too.

    To answer the question, backup assistant was replace by Verizon Cloud, which I believe comes pre-installed.
    True. Left out Google. My understanding though is that the only way one can truly "write" to an SD card now is if you root your phone. You might be able to write on a non-rooted phone but you wouldnt be able to read/restore it.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro
  9. #9  
    fofjjsr's Avatar
    Android4life

    Posts
    837 Posts

    Default Re: Backup Assistant for the S5?

    Quote Originally Posted by randun View Post
    True. Left out Google. My understanding though is that the only way one can truly "write" to an SD card now is if you root your phone. You might be able to write on a non-rooted phone but you wouldn’t be able to read/restore it.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro
    I have been able to move photos back and forth on my S5. I recently even reset the phone and the Apps and photos I had written on the card showed back up in place. Not sure about the S4. I know of the problems that have occurred, and will admit I am not totally up to date on all of them when it comes to the SD card. I am just saying my phone is not rooted (Yet ), and have not run into some of the issues I have seen, yet anyways.
    Droid Eris -> HTC EVO -> S2 -> S3 -> Note 2 -> S4 -> Note 3 -> S5
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Backup Assistant for the S5?

    Moving files back & forth is not a problem on the S4 or S5. However, using backup/restore as an example, you can no longer backup (write) files to an SD card then restore them.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2014, 10:59 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2014, 04:35 PM

Posting Permissions