Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 SD card

Hi all!

I'm trying to do some research on different SD cards and I seem to be having difficulty since there so many types! Below I have attached a link to a SD card that I was thinking about getting for when I grab the S5. Can anyone comment on what they think of the card and if I should be looking at something different.

FS Mobile - Electronics, Cameras, Computers, Video Games, TVs & Appliances - Future Shop

I'm not to concerned on price. I just want the card to work well and have no issues with corrupt files or anything. Last time I was using a SD card it was corrupt and I lost everything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    1,997 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.1 Lollipop

Default Re: S5 SD card

I have a Sandisk ULTRA 32gb. The ULTRA is supposed to be better for handling HD media. The sd card you are looking at is probably better. I didn't realize there were so many types/classes of sd cards either.

Quote Originally Posted by RionDunn View Post
    Hi all!

I'm trying to do some research on different SD cards and I seem to be having difficulty since there so many types! Below I have attached a link to a SD card that I was thinking about getting for when I grab the S5. Can anyone comment on what they think of the card and if I should be looking at something different.

FS Mobile - Electronics, Cameras, Computers, Video Games, TVs & Appliances - Future Shop

I'm not to concerned on price. I just want the card to work well and have no issues with corrupt files or anything. Last time I was using a SD card it was corrupt and I lost everything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Current Device: Nexus 6 & Nexus Player

Current Carrier: Sprint

Thanked by:

Sandisk Extreme Pro seems to be the fastest sd micro out now. Performance/speed: Up to 95 MB/s (633X) read speed; write speed up to 90 MB/s (600X).

I have the 16gb in mine and works fine.

The one you are looking at is an SD card, what you need for the Galaxy S5 is a Micro SD. Like that one:

But please note that I don't know if this one is fully compatible and doesn't have the corrupt data issue with Galaxy phones.