How do I select and copy an address from Contacts?

TinsleyC

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
This version of Android Contacts (S5) splits out addressed stored in Contacts as separate fields/lines for street, city, state, and zip.

How can I select the entire address at once so that I can copy it, and paste it into an email or txt message? I can't seem to select it in read or edit modes. Very frustrating! Jelly Bean allowed it.

smithilberry

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I too find it annoying that it's impossible to long press copy and address like how you can do with a phone number or email address.

It's always been that way and the work around would be go into edit mode but now it got worse since it's separate fields making it's harder in edit mode to copy the entire thing.

My new work around has been tapping it, which brings it to Google maps, and I then copy it from within there.

Let me know if you found a better way!

dkelly701

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
This is not exactly what you want, but this is how I do it. Go to the contact you want. Press the 3 dots on the upper right hand corner. Select "Send contact information." This will allow you to select what information you want to share. When I select the address, it automatically brings up my text message app. (I think I was originally given a choice of text or email and I set it to default to text). It you are sharing the address by text, you are ready to go. If you need the address in the clipboard, you can select it here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie