GS5 owners from moto x?

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone from moto x owners to gs5 gives some comments?

What are plus and minuses?

Why did you switch?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I didn't go from the X but from the D4.

The only minus I could see was the hardware isn't as durable as the Moto phones. So I bought a case. I only used fancy cases on my D4 because they were fancy. And not even all the time. The screen is Gorilla Glass so I haven't put on my screen protector, yet. I bought one, but haven't used it yet.

I switched because my D4 was getting old.
I also wanted to keep unlimited data (at least) and since Verizon wasn't offering it, there were few options. The best and that saved me money was going to t-mobile and get their unlimited (everything--except hotspot, that's only 5gb).

One plus is my screen is better in color then my D4. I knew it would be as my dad has an S3 and that screen looked better.
Also a removable battery (does the X have one?).
Lighter as my D4 had a physical keyboard.

I hope this helps a little.

There's a lot of negativity on here, because most just post problems, and that doesn't help in deciding, so check out this thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/381967-official-i-love-my-galaxy-s5-thread-2.html#post3599561

Good luck in your decision.

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I switch to the s5 from the moto x for the screen size and camera and the battery life and other features are a plus. To be honest the moto x is a nice phone but I was missing the bigger screen I had a note 2 prior to the moto x. The only thing I would say I miss is the always listening and active display. The s5 is a nice phone and to me is worth upgrading to

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I switch to the s5 from the moto x for the screen size and camera and the battery life and other features are a plus. To be honest the moto x is a nice phone but I was missing the bigger screen I had a note 2 prior to the moto x. The only thing I would say I miss is the always listening and active display. The s5 is a nice phone and to me is worth upgrading to

How is life with a better camera? I am a new Moto X user, and I can't seem to get good pictures from the X.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
How is life with a better camera? I am a new Moto X user, and I can't seem to get good pictures from the X.

what phone did you come from? besides the camera... how are you enjoying the phone itself?

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
what phone did you come from? besides the camera... how are you enjoying the phone itself?

I had an iPhone 5. I love the phone otherwise, I really do. I love the accessibility features; especially active notifications and always on; I don't think I may be able to go a phone without them in the future. I love the size, the screen is quite nice, it feels excellent in the hand. The OS runs smoothly, except Facebook and Flipboard which do suffer from slight lagging, but maybe that's the apps and not the phone, as the OS doesn't lag at all. Motorola really did a good job. It is a great experience.

I liked that about iOS, the overall flawless experience, that's the vibe I get from the MotoX, it feels like well put together package.

P.S. I am looking forward to its successor later this year.

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

I enjoy it a lot I have two young kids and use my phone as my main camera the pictures are very good tho I haven't took any in low light conditions yet But I was able to get some good pictures on the moto x as well