S5 Touchwiz won't stay as default

jeffpwade

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Every time I go into Google search and then hit the home button it prompts me to choose the default launcher again. I have uninstalled all of the updates to Google search and this had not helped. Any help would be much appreciated

Posted via Android Central App

drsfelix

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I un installed opera and installed a different launcher , so I don't use TOUCHWIZ at all . I installed NOVA. It works , now and then when I have troubles I can bet it's the auto google search update ... I just go and un install it .

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes i selected always and it still keeps coming back

Posted via Android Central App

and its not only the launchers...touchwiz pulls this same old crap with many programs like browsers, etc....its annoying

it wouldn't be so annoying if you didn't get a stupid dialogue box every freaking time that shows you how you can go reset your choice...wtf!!

Ladydi1928

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I was having that problem and found my answer on anothe thread. Hotmail connect was in there too when I would go through settings to choose the default. Once I Uninstaller Hotmail I no longer had the problem. See if you have something else there besides touchwiz home and touchwiz easy.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I was having that problem and found my answer on anothe thread. Hotmail connect was in there too when I would go through settings to choose the default. Once I Uninstaller Hotmail I no longer had the problem. See if you have something else there besides touchwiz home and touchwiz easy.

This happened to me on my Note 5 a couple days ago and removing hotmail connect fixed it.

Thank you!