Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By branash13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Samsung S5 - Alarm Not Working -

I can't for the life of me, get the alarm to work on my new S5.

I've tried clearing / re-creating the alarms multiple times, clearing cache (in clock), etc.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thank you!
    Paul

Default Re: Samsung S5 - Alarm Not Working -

I think I had a similar issue. I set repetitive alarm for my work days, it worked well in the first day but on the other day I'm pretty sure it didn't work (unless I really had good sleeping, which normally is not the case )

This has happened to me several times already. I have the same 3 alarms set for M-F and on multiple occasions none of them have gone off

The S5 is a very polite phone lol. Are you using battery saver?

I am not. It might be a polite phone, but it is going to be a homeless phone if it doesnt wake me up for work, lol!
    Thanked by:
    U4icLab likes this.

Same problem with S5. I obsessively check my alarm each night, and set several, but they don't go off. Had to use my S4 instead after I was almost late to work twice. Not impressed!

I use this alarm app from the s3 to the s5 no problems and easy to use

I recommend Timely Alarm Clock: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bitspin.timely
    Works perfectly, looks beautiful, and has desirable features
    - Using the Samsung Galaxy S6 BAM! -

I can confirm that stock alarm works fine when in ultra power saving mode.

Works for me....but I rely on Alarmy which makes me get out of bed and take a picture to shut it off.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMandi View Post
    Works for me....but I rely on Alarmy which makes me get out of bed and take a picture to shut it off.
    LoL.
    For me only Alarmy 2048, based on the popular 2048 game, it won't stop ringing until you got the 2048 cube

This had happened to me too

-Sent from Tapatalk
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    I recommend Timely Alarm Clock: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bitspin.timely
    Works perfectly, looks beautiful, and has desirable features
    Downloaded the App and can't get it working.

Spoke to Verizon and they informed me that unfortunately they are not aware of a fix other than the "Samsung update coming out in July". . ...
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Does anyone have a link to where I can re-download the software for this phone? Would like to start from scratch!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by TranceLegion View Post
    Does anyone have a link to where I can re-download the software for this phone? Would like to start from scratch!

Thanks in advance for the help!
    You don't have to re-download anything. Just go into "Settings" > "Backup and reset" > "Factory data reset." This will COMPLETELY wipe your phone clean. Everything will be gone, as if you just took it out of the box for the first time.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by jonebk12 View Post
    You don't have to re-download anything. Just go into "Settings" > "Backup and reset" > "Factory data reset." This will COMPLETELY wipe your phone clean. Everything will be gone, as if you just took it out of the box for the first time.
    Right, but what if the software that came with the phone is buggy?

I have done this step... actually worked for about 2 weeks and now the problem has started again.

Quote Originally Posted by TranceLegion View Post
    I can't for the life of me, get the alarm to work on my new S5.

I've tried clearing / re-creating the alarms multiple times, clearing cache (in clock), etc.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thank you!
    Paul
    Try going to the settings, lock screen, enable wake up on lock screen;seems to work for meyou can thank me by going to : InventPeace come look all the ways in which we can invent and help each other with green energy methods and techniques best regards

oh i did forget to say that my tablet is the samsung galaxy note 8.0 but seems to have similar or same software for samsung galaxy s3

Anyone figure this out? Too groggy to know specifically which one it is, but if my phone is on silent or vibrate so the emails at night stop waking me up, it silences the alarm volume as well.

The other possibility is, headphones connected, used to have this problem in an earlier release of cyanogenmod on the galaxy nexus phone, alarm would go through the headphones and by the time I woke up the headphones were generally on the floor or wrapped around my neck like a noose, but either way not in my ears to hear the alarm.

I'm here this morning because the Verizon s5 somehow lost the setting "sync with network time" and my phone woke me up an hour late today. For once I expected to be at work an hour before everyone else, calling in to sell this hunk of sh*t on eBay and switch back to my galaxy nexus.

Hi my wife has a Samsug K-Zoom same thing the alarm is silent no matter what system setting or alarm setting we tried them all, that goodness for her old baclberry at least that's the cure for now. Can Samsung do something to fix this bug, our phone is new I know if we take it back they will just reset the thing and 2 Months later it will sing the same song of silence!