S5 only sends and receives email via Wifi - Not on 3G!!

PercySi

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I recently purchased an unlocked Galaxy S5 in Thailand and am now back in the UK using my Virgin Mobile SIM. I can make calls, SMS and browse on 3G without a problem. The issue I have is sending or receiving emails on 3G. I have 3 mailboxes (two ActiveSync on Exchange and one POP with virgin)

If I am on any Wifi connection mailflow works fine, as soon as I am on 3G only, mail stops, outgoing email just stay's in the Outbox and eventually reports sending failed.

Spoke to both Virgin and my email providors and no one can help. Virgin went through the APN settings which were already present on the phone.

I am thinking because I purchased it in Thailand it may be somehow region locked and thus stopping mail flow ? Or as it works for everything else am I barking up the wrong tree here...

Anyone else have similar issues or can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

PercySi

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Sorted it! By swapping my wife's SIM into my phone (both on same carrier), leaving it until you get the welcome message from carrier, switch my SIM back in and Voila, all worked!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800