Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ugh... Another problem

I now have a small, crescent-shaped piece of metal (or something) partially covering my front-facing camera, between the camera lens and the front glass.

Anyone else?

Default Re: Ugh... Another problem

Hmm...sounds like a piece of the camera broke off. How long ago did you get your phone?

Return it right away for a replacement.

Replace it. It sounds like a defective unit.

I have the exact same issue down to the crescent piece over the front facing camera. I unfortunately have to deal with Samsung to fix this

I just noticed this on mine today, ughh. that why i'm here

I would take it back and if you can't than check to see if it's covered under warranty...if not than maybe insurance will cover it...if you have insurance.

Question for everyone facing this issue: Were/Are you using a camera case? If so what kind?

it's not a case issue, It's kind of an eyelid around the front camera, that crept down, partially covering it. I think it's a gradual problem, because I didn't notice it at first, and going my old pics, it wasn't as bad.
    but I'm pass the two weeks, but I went to verizon and they told me I have a 1yrs warranty, so i'll go through samsung, i'll probably wait a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaZ06 View Post
    it's not a case issue, It's kind of an eyelid around the front camera, that crept down, partially covering it. I think it's a gradual problem, because I didn't notice it at first, and going my old pics, it wasn't as bad.
    but I'm pass the two weeks, but I went to verizon and they told me I have a 1yrs warranty, so i'll go through samsung, i'll probably wait a bit.
    Actually it may be a case issue, if the case you are using is too tight/doesn't easily cover your phone, it may cause this problem. Samsung was quick to ask me if I was using a Samsung approved case with the phone when I told them about the crescent shape piece coming down infront of the front facing camera.

So if you were using a case at the time, what kind? Issues with fitment?

Also, I have gone through Verizon and received a replacement phone under warranty and will be returning the defective unit. So far so good (aside from speaker phone distortion again which seems to be a norm with the S5).

Quote Originally Posted by motron3000 View Post
    Actually it may be a case issue, if the case you are using is too tight/doesn't easily cover your phone, it may cause this problem. Samsung was quick to ask me if I was using a Samsung approved case with the phone when I told them about the crescent shape piece coming down infront of the front facing camera.

So if you were using a case at the time, what kind? Issues with fitment?

Also, I have gone through Verizon and received a replacement phone under warranty and will be returning the defective unit. So far so good (aside from speaker phone distortion again which seems to be a norm with the S5).
    hmm, I did put a basic case on it, for about 2 weeks. it was on the tight side.
    now I wonder whats going on to even cause that, assuming it was the case

I have the same issue, 100%. Very frustrating. AT&T will send me a refurb. Called Samsung and they want me to ship it to them to maybe be able to fix. So I'd be w/o a phone for 2 weeks. Sadly, it looks like the refurb is my best option.