SMS Problem

reload79

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a weird SMS text problem with my GS5 on AT&T. When I get an SMS text I don't get a notification and when I bring up the text, all I get is a download box and when I click download nothing happens. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
This happens with my wife's HTC ONE (last year's model). She pointed it out to me last night. Some MMS's go through, some do not. Says something to the extent of it being too large. I've tried different Txting apps (go sms, handcent) with the same problem.

I'm starting to think it may have something to do with how T-Mobile has her line set up. I plan on calling them during the day tomorrow.

Posted via Android Central App

mgalvez1029

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes. That is strickly an At&t efff up. When you receive a massage that has a download button it's because you most likely have your mobile data turned off as I do to conserve the mobile data. I called At&t and they told me that the mobile data needs to be turn on to receive mms picture messages. It won't work on Wifi. Just like their visual voicemail will not work on Wifi. WTH?!? That is such a load of bull. I had Metro PCS and both worked mms messages and visual voicemail worked on Wifi. Pffftttttt. I downloaded another visual voicemail that totally works on Wifi. Looking for an mms app that will do the same. At&t sucks. Now I'm stuck in a 2 year contract. Metro PCS is looking a lot better...

Posted via Android Central App