Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    CompMan2012's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

    Default App pause when I get a notification

    Been using Pandora and the tune in app a lot, but when I get a notification it pauses the app and I need to go in the phone to restart it. Anyone know how to disable this annoying feature?

    Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    Greg C 
  2. #2  

    Default Re: App pause when I get a notification

    I have the same issue with TuneIn and Radio.com. If I turn off sound notifications for Touchdown, it doesn't interrupt TuneIn, but Yahoo Mail notification still interrupts. This morning Radio.com kept playing when I got a call.

    Would love to find out how to fix controlling the pauses and sounds.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    CompMan2012's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

    Default Re: App pause when I get a notification

    Quote Originally Posted by ClaptonIsGod View Post
    I have the same issue with TuneIn and Radio.com. If I turn off sound notifications for Touchdown, it doesn't interrupt TuneIn, but Yahoo Mail notification still interrupts. This morning Radio.com kept playing when I got a call.

    Would love to find out how to fix controlling the pauses and sounds.
    Hope there's a fix for that soon. Sucks when u have the phone plugged in and listening thru the Bluetooth somewhere else.

    Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app
  4. #4  

    Default Re: App pause when I get a notification

    Agreed, but I haven't found much about this on line anywhere.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: App pause when I get a notification

    Well Radio.com is working well. Perhaps its a problem with TuneIn?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: App pause when I get a notification

    I just got TuneIn version 12.0 installed, and now its working great!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: App pause when I get a notification

    Happens with Google play music also. It's not every notification some fade the music others cut it off! This phone is pretty annoying this and the bluetooth issues are doing my nut in.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    CompMan2012's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

    Default Re: App pause when I get a notification

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Long2 View Post
    Happens with Google play music also. It's not every notification some fade the music others cut it off! This phone is pretty annoying this and the bluetooth issues are doing my nut in.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Same here. My gear , my s5 and my bluetooth head set does not play nice with each other.
    I can't listen to Pandora on my blue tooth ear piece while my gear is connected to my S5

    Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app
  9. #9  
    Greg C's Avatar

    Posts
    1,834 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,844 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

    Default Re: App pause when I get a notification

    I too experience this when using the XFINITY or CBS app. I don't have to return to the apps though... it just pauses them for a couple seconds.


    Quote Originally Posted by CompMan2012 View Post
    Been using Pandora and the tune in app a lot, but when I get a notification it pauses the app and I need to go in the phone to restart it. Anyone know how to disable this annoying feature?

    Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    CompMan2012's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

    Default Re: App pause when I get a notification

    Looks like tune in fix this. Now after an alert it will pause then start up again.

    Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Email / MS Exchange will not sync when not on a WiFi Network
    By SinisterSturgeon in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-29-2014, 04:04 PM
  2. Gear 2 Apps in Samsung Apps
    By taeisme in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 Neo
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 09-15-2014, 07:22 AM
  3. Good flashlight app?
    By Ccota08 in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2014, 04:48 PM
  4. Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Cleaning Junk Apps
    By Santiago Pedraza in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 01:16 PM

Posting Permissions