Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5 on Sprint - Beeping

I have a S5 (Sprint) and my phone makes a beeping sound even though all my sounds are muted. Has anyone experienced this? I even performed a factory reset, but the issue remains. The beeping sound is a three tone beep and it sounds off at random times. I have already turned off NFC.

Default Re: Galaxy S5 on Sprint - Beeping

I have actually had that happen when I place a call. No idea why.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Its when you go into roam. Notifications can be changed in the roam settings.

More networks, roaming,roaming guard, un-check what you don't want to alert you.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I am not on roam, I'm connected to the Sprint Network when the beeping sounds play at random times... like at 3 am when ppl r sleeping and phone has been muted. =/

Default Re: Galaxy S5 - Beeping

my phone also has been making an annoying beeping. My sound is off and its when i'm doing typical things, texting, instagram, games ect. very annoying....

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Passfield View Post
    my phone also has been making an annoying beeping. My sound is off and its when i'm doing typical things, texting, instagram, games ect. very annoying....

In my case it was the NFC and especially the s beam. My Samsung galaxy s 5 was making a weird beeping noise (3 tunes) at random.
    The 3 tunes beeping sound is in fact the activation (2 tunes) followed by the error sound (1 tune) from the s beam application.
    As I keep my credit card next to my phone in the leather case, it was randomly beeping.
    I unactivated the NFC in : settings > connect and share > NFC.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Passfield View Post