S5 alarm not sounding

Shaamoney

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I forgot I had a wedding to attend so missed my appointment. Will go in this Saturday but it's been fixed in part by a third party app.

Posted via Android Central App

branash13

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Got Timely last night, worked great. Thanks for the recommendations.

Now Timely is no longer working for me... alarm did not go off this morning and under the notifications it says it dismissed alarm after 45 minutes but that was only after I opened Timely to see if for some reason the alarm turned off. I actually have 3 alarms set to go off 10 minutes apart and none of them went off... very frustrating.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Strange, the alarms are working perfectly each time on my phone. When it doesn't alert you is it not alerting at all, like not even an alert in the notification panel?

Rev.

branash13

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
It does not show any notification until I open Timely... once I open timely all of the sudden my notifications appear and it says "Alarm dismissed after X minutes" x - being how ever long has passed since the alarm was supposed to go off.

My wife sleeping right next to me has the exact same phone purchased on the same day and has not had this issue at all... I am very annoyed and this is not a good look for Android with this being my first attempt at leaving iphone and coming to droid. So far not happy.

RTR_87

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue but i have found the fix. Apps -> Clock -> Alarm Tab -> Settings -> Check "Sound in silent mode."

I guess by default the box is unchecked. Hopefully this will fix your issue too!

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi;
I don't see the option to "Sound in silent mode" on my S5 with standard clock/alarm.

Please be more specific of path to get to it. Thank you.

Mine also does not sound in the am when I have it set but will sound if I test it for one minute from now.

Thank you.

pdqkemp

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm not finding these particular replies much use.

1) why should we have to install third party apps? It's really poor show that the generic clock does not work. In fact, it's ridiculous. This phone is �550 sim free and it's less than 14 days old, yet it'd already experiencing problems.

2) I installed droid alarm and it also doesn't work. If these apps are just different GUIs then I'm not surprised they don't work.

I'm really hoping for a technical solution, not suggestions to use third party apps, which in this case also don't work.

It should be shocking for Samsung that I'm having to rely on my iPhone to wake me up.

I couldn't agree more. My alarm isn't working either. Well, sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't.

I should NOT have to download an app for my alarm when the phone comes with an alarm!!! Most annoying!!! :mad:

Anyone have a solution for this yet? See my similar question by searching for "Samsung Alarm Still Not Working?" (I'm still not allowed to post a link yet in this forum. Sorry.)

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Thought I was losing my mind. My alarm has been hit or miss, most of the time it says alarm dismissed after xx time for this past week I've owned my S5.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

pdqkemp

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I did a live chat with a Samsung agent. They took control of my phone and checked some settings. Ultimately, the agent's solution was to clear the Clock apps cache. I asked him what I should tell someone in case they ask how to fix it. Here is his reply:

"Santino: I have cleared temp files for the clock app on device; However, if the issue persists I recommend you perform wipe cache partition on phone to fix the issue.
Santino: Yes, you can advise them to clear cache and data for the Clock apps under application manager >> All.
Santino: Wipe cache partition will erase all temp files all the applications on the device and will refresh the phones internal circuit.
Santino: I recommend you to perform wipe cache partition if the issue persists.
Santino: I will help you with the steps.
Santino: 1. Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
Santino: 2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
Santino: 3. When the device vibrates; release only the Power key.
Santino: 4. When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.
Santino: 5. Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe cache partition reset option and press the Power key to select.
Santino: 6. After wipe cache partition, press the Power key to reboot system now.
Santino: This will not erase or effect any data on phone."

When I told this agent that I believe this is a problem with the Galaxy S5, he said they have had no reports of this problem. He also said it's most likely due to 3rd party apps.

Anyway, hopefully this helps other people with this problem. Frankly, I don't even know for sure if this solves my problem! He had me test my alarm and it worked. That tells me nothing. It usually worked, but only about 80% of the time! We'll see if this actually fixes the problem!

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue but i have found the fix. Apps -> Clock -> Alarm Tab -> Settings -> Check "Sound in silent mode."

I guess by default the box is unchecked. Hopefully this will fix your issue too!

Strange... My wife's phone does not show this option here, either.

Anyone have any ideas?

R

ulsaulsa

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same problem for 3 days in a row now. Before that it worked perfectly for a couple of weeks. I have the alarm on vibration only.The phone says that the alarm was silenced after 1 minute. I know it was not.

Today I had it on snooze, three times at 5 min interval. It should have started at 05.15. I woke up at 05.22 turned on the phone, got up. At 05.25 the third snooze started without the first two sounding at all.

It must be in some kind of deep sleep or something... It works if I set it to go off in a few minutes.
There are quite a few threads on different forums about the same problem but no solution other than installing third party apps. That should not be necessary.
Some people say that the alarm sounds for about half a second before it turns of. That could be the case for me also...

Any ideas someone?

Jack Wilson4

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
The alarm does not sound on my s5.

It's the generic clock.

It works if I set an alarm one minute away but normal work alarm does not.

I've tried deleting data and cache but no luck.

Thoughts?

Turn NFC off in your drop down notification panel. Factory alarm works now for me I think it did to me because I have a tab 2 and it was connecting to that.... I don't know why that would make a difference but it did anyway

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
My solution to Alarm issues was to disable the stock alarm clock.

I installed Alarm Plus, it is much better, more configurable, and has settings to "over-ride system" volume settings. It will Sound Off even if the phone is Muted.... I have used it for years and never missed a wake up event. (well, it didn't :) , sleepy head here sometimes ignores it. )

* Alarm Clock Plus★ - Android Apps on Google Play

Brandi Miller1

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
my alarm doest work when on silent only when on vibrate and when the volume is on which is an inconvenience because i sleep during the day and people will send txt or call to leave a vm which will wake me up even on vibrate. didnt have this problem before the update. im about to get rid of this phone i hate it!!:mad:

Brandi Miller1

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
my alarm doest work when on silent only when on vibrate and when the volume is on which is an inconvenience because i sleep during the day and people will send txt or call to leave a vm which will wake me up even on vibrate. didnt have this problem before the update. im about to get rid of this phone i hate it!!:mad:

jst talked to samsung. this is a update issue and cant be fixed!!!!!

Rosalee Davis

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I have had the same problem. My alarm worked fine when I got it. I believe I began having trouble with it after I updated the system. I have not been able to figure out how to set the alarm when the ringer is off, and how to prevent it from shutting off after one minute when I leave the ringer on.

I have just wiped out the cache and rebooted the system to see if that would fix the problem. I set the clock for a few minutes in advance and it went off (ringer on), but automatically snoozed after one minute, again. This is VERY frustrating!

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi.
Have you tried google clock.
It has settings for alarm time (5min, never, etc) and snooze settings.
Hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App