1% drain each hour while sleep?

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
does this sound about right? fall asleep at 46% wake up 7 hours later at 40%?

wifi off, location off, sync off, bluetooth off - -95 dbm signal

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Sounds about right. Are you using battery saver during that time? I charge mine overnight so I dunno what the typical drain would be not using a phone lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
does this sound about right? fall asleep at 46% wake up 7 hours later at 40%?

wifi off, location off, sync off, bluetooth off - -95 dbm signal

So WiFi was off ... was mobile data on? This doesn't sound that bad.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you have mobile data on then it looks to be correct

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
yeah my mobile data was on....im pretty sure i got the same results with wifi turned on the night before

1% an hour isn't bad with WiFi or Mobile Data on ... The phone is having to keep those connections alive and still talk with the cell towers of your carrier. That really isn't that bad.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

SanDeggo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Considering you have all that turned off... that is quite a bit. I leave my phone unplugged after 100%, turn on Pandora to play for 1 hour, leave WiFi, data... everything on. And I only have about 6% gone in the morning when I wake up (6-7 hours of sleep is typical). I mean it isn't a crazy difference we are talking about. But it seems like you went to a lot of lengths, but it is about the same that I am losing and I am leaving everything on.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Considering you have all that turned off... that is quite a bit. I leave my phone unplugged after 100%, turn on Pandora to play for 1 hour, leave WiFi, data... everything on. And I only have about 6% gone in the morning when I wake up (6-7 hours of sleep is typical). I mean it isn't a crazy difference we are talking about. But it seems like you went to a lot of lengths, but it is about the same that I am losing and I am leaving everything on.

Their mobile data is still on. That's where all the loss is coming from. The S5 is actually pretty darn good at idling. With an 8 hour no use gap, I was able to get 36 hours out of one charge with minimal use.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That means you only have 100 hours of Standby Time.
Advertised Standby Time is 480 hours.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

The numbers manufacturers give are almost impossible to reach. They are best case scenario under conditions a phone will almost never be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Just a general question, but what do some people have against charging their phone at night? I plug it in before bed, wake up and have 100% to start the day.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just a general question, but what do some people have against charging their phone at night? I plug it in before bed, wake up and have 100% to start the day.

Um, then they couldn't complain about battery life?

Posted via Android Central App

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I agree. That's what I do.
But I've read that some can't charge it at night. One was due to where his electrical outlets were. And I think he was like me using an alarm clock on his phone.

Posted via Android Central App

rahxephon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

I don't usually charge devices overnight that sit a few feet from my head. Just paranoid about battery meltdowns lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463