Are Android fans battery obsessed?

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I see all these S5 people asking about, complaining about the battery. Are there really battery issues with this phone or are Android users obsessed with the battery?

I decided not to charge my phone all day yesterday. Took it off its charger at 7AM. Used it plenty during the day, for hours at night running Spotify. Went to bed at midnight and it was at 37%. I'm happy with that.

So what do you guys think?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Some do have legitimate issues but I do believe with the articles there is such hype on battery that some people expect days and days of usage when it just isn't realistic.

I say for majority of users (at least from the threads I've read) most are getting a day and a half average with 4+ hours of screen time. I count that as excellent.. It means you can get through your day without an issue.

And honestly most should just plug in overnight... Then they'd always be mobile and have battery when they go through their day :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I see all these S5 people asking about, complaining about the battery. Are there really battery issues with this phone or are Android users obsessed with the battery?

I decided not to charge my phone all day yesterday. Took it off its charger at 7AM. Used it plenty during the day, for hours at night running Spotify. Went to bed at midnight and it was at 37%. I'm happy with that.

So what do you guys think?

Both.

I had awful battery issues with my first gs5. Like I would lose 15-20% per hour with minimal use.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I think if one can go through a 17 hour day with moderate use and be at 37% it's pretty good. I am also on my second S5, didn't get a chance to notice if the first one had a battery issue or not.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
When Android System was using more battery than the display, which was on for 3 hours out of a 5 hour period, there's an issue. I have a replacement coming today to see if it solves my issue because at that point I'd be at under 15% battery. Of course, this usage is test based but that's far to low when there's no call time.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Some do have legitimate issues but I do believe with the articles there is such hype on battery that some people expect days and days of usage when it just isn't realistic.

I say for majority of users (at least from the threads I've read) most are getting a day and a half average with 4+ hours of screen time. I count that as excellent.. It means you can get through your day without an issue.

And honestly most should just plug in overnight... Then they'd always be mobile and have battery when they go through their day :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

EXACTLY this^^^

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
As long as I make it through the day I consider it a win. I always charge my device at night and it comes off the charger around 6am and back on about 10 or 11pm. Not bad in my eyes.

However, what I don't like is have to cripple the device in order to get a day worth of battery - some people do this but I refuse to.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have little issue so far with my batter. I went through all of today on my day off running Google Play Music for a good 14 hours and still had 32% battery left. I am not an extreme user, but I use my phone pretty consistently throughout the day and usually and still am sitting in the 35% range when I plug my phone in at night to charge. I also carry a portable battery just in case, but get little use out of it honestly.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I have little issue so far with my batter. I went through all of today on my day off running Google Play Music for a good 14 hours and still had 32% battery left. I am not an extreme user, but I use my phone pretty consistently throughout the day and usually and still am sitting in the 35% range when I plug my phone in at night to charge. I also carry a portable battery just in case, but get little use out of it honestly.

Seems like we are about the same. I take the phone off the charger at 7AM and 17 hours later at midnight I put it on a charger. It's usually around 30-40%. I'm happy.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Best way to maximize battery use between charges is to turn on Ultra Power Saving Mode when not specifically using Android Apps. One can still make and receive calls and messages in that mode.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Best way to maximize battery use between charges is to turn on Ultra Power Saving Mode when not specifically using Android Apps. One can still make and receive calls and messages in that mode.

I have yet to even touch the power saving modes. Of course like I stated, I am always on my phone, but do very little video watching etc, some of the big battery users.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not going to use ultra battery saver or do anything to help conserve the battery, the battery is awesome as far as I am concerned and if anyone is having issues they need to exchange the phone. You can use this phone heavy for 24 hours plus without any problems.

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I was pretty obsessed with the battery because i really had a faulty S2 before. Onyl goes through half of the day with minimal use. Now i got the htc one m8, still not satisfied. I already returned one and replace it. It has the same result. Days of researching,now i found the culprit it was the signal and i only get 1 bar. Now i know that i dont have a faulty device. Its just my area with low coverage of signal.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm not going to use ultra battery saver or do anything to help conserve the battery, the battery is awesome as far as I am concerned and if anyone is having issues they need to exchange the phone. You can use this phone heavy for 24 hours plus without any problems.

In that mode you can last 12.5 DAYS in standby mode and still use the phone and message features. If you are not going to be able to charge every night for some reason, this will get you at least one WEEK until you need the charger. The only downside is that the screen is in black and white and all but 6 apps are shut down.

The 6 useable apps are: phone, messages, internet, voice recorder, clock and calendar and the screen stays lit without use for only 10 seconds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary