Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    I see all these S5 people asking about, complaining about the battery. Are there really battery issues with this phone or are Android users obsessed with the battery?

    I decided not to charge my phone all day yesterday. Took it off its charger at 7AM. Used it plenty during the day, for hours at night running Spotify. Went to bed at midnight and it was at 37%. I'm happy with that.

    So what do you guys think?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    No complaints here but I'll take all I can get.

    sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    Some do have legitimate issues but I do believe with the articles there is such hype on battery that some people expect days and days of usage when it just isn't realistic.

    I say for majority of users (at least from the threads I've read) most are getting a day and a half average with 4+ hours of screen time. I count that as excellent.. It means you can get through your day without an issue.

    And honestly most should just plug in overnight... Then they'd always be mobile and have battery when they go through their day .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  
    Lynx's Avatar

    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    I see all these S5 people asking about, complaining about the battery. Are there really battery issues with this phone or are Android users obsessed with the battery?

    I decided not to charge my phone all day yesterday. Took it off its charger at 7AM. Used it plenty during the day, for hours at night running Spotify. Went to bed at midnight and it was at 37%. I'm happy with that.

    So what do you guys think?
    Both.

    I had awful battery issues with my first gs5. Like I would lose 15-20% per hour with minimal use.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    I think if one can go through a 17 hour day with moderate use and be at 37% it's pretty good. I am also on my second S5, didn't get a chance to notice if the first one had a battery issue or not.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    ok i admit i might be a bit to concerned about my battery lol...how much would you consider normal battery loss % in an hour of a few text (15 or so)
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    When Android System was using more battery than the display, which was on for 3 hours out of a 5 hour period, there's an issue. I have a replacement coming today to see if it solves my issue because at that point I'd be at under 15% battery. Of course, this usage is test based but that's far to low when there's no call time.

    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    I think we are simply Android obsessed.....
    Battery, camera, screen, size, memory, pick your poison....LOL.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Some do have legitimate issues but I do believe with the articles there is such hype on battery that some people expect days and days of usage when it just isn't realistic.

    I say for majority of users (at least from the threads I've read) most are getting a day and a half average with 4+ hours of screen time. I count that as excellent.. It means you can get through your day without an issue.

    And honestly most should just plug in overnight... Then they'd always be mobile and have battery when they go through their day .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    EXACTLY this^^^
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    Quote Originally Posted by loveleelatina78 View Post
    ok i admit i might be a bit to concerned about my battery lol...how much would you consider normal battery loss % in an hour of a few text (15 or so)
    I'd say 3% an hour under moderate use.
  11. #11  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    2,102 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    As long as I make it through the day I consider it a win. I always charge my device at night and it comes off the charger around 6am and back on about 10 or 11pm. Not bad in my eyes.

    However, what I don't like is have to cripple the device in order to get a day worth of battery - some people do this but I refuse to.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    Yeah I don't cripple my device at all other than the fact I disabled animations. With moderate to heavy use I am losing 3% an hour.
  13. #13  
    fofjjsr's Avatar
    Android4life

    Posts
    918 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    I have little issue so far with my batter. I went through all of today on my day off running Google Play Music for a good 14 hours and still had 32% battery left. I am not an extreme user, but I use my phone pretty consistently throughout the day and usually and still am sitting in the 35% range when I plug my phone in at night to charge. I also carry a portable battery just in case, but get little use out of it honestly.
    Droid Eris -> HTC EVO -> S2 -> S3 -> Note 2 -> S4 -> Note 3 -> S5
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    Quote Originally Posted by fofjjsr View Post
    I have little issue so far with my batter. I went through all of today on my day off running Google Play Music for a good 14 hours and still had 32% battery left. I am not an extreme user, but I use my phone pretty consistently throughout the day and usually and still am sitting in the 35% range when I plug my phone in at night to charge. I also carry a portable battery just in case, but get little use out of it honestly.
    Seems like we are about the same. I take the phone off the charger at 7AM and 17 hours later at midnight I put it on a charger. It's usually around 30-40%. I'm happy.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    Best way to maximize battery use between charges is to turn on Ultra Power Saving Mode when not specifically using Android Apps. One can still make and receive calls and messages in that mode.
  16. #16  
    fofjjsr's Avatar
    Android4life

    Posts
    918 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    Quote Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
    Best way to maximize battery use between charges is to turn on Ultra Power Saving Mode when not specifically using Android Apps. One can still make and receive calls and messages in that mode.
    I have yet to even touch the power saving modes. Of course like I stated, I am always on my phone, but do very little video watching etc, some of the big battery users.
    Droid Eris -> HTC EVO -> S2 -> S3 -> Note 2 -> S4 -> Note 3 -> S5
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    I'm not going to use ultra battery saver or do anything to help conserve the battery, the battery is awesome as far as I am concerned and if anyone is having issues they need to exchange the phone. You can use this phone heavy for 24 hours plus without any problems.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    I was pretty obsessed with the battery because i really had a faulty S2 before. Onyl goes through half of the day with minimal use. Now i got the htc one m8, still not satisfied. I already returned one and replace it. It has the same result. Days of researching,now i found the culprit it was the signal and i only get 1 bar. Now i know that i dont have a faulty device. Its just my area with low coverage of signal.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
  19. #19  

    Default Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    Just gadget obsessed and a power user (pun intended?). Ever since my flip phone days. Easiest battery changes ever.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    I'm not going to use ultra battery saver or do anything to help conserve the battery, the battery is awesome as far as I am concerned and if anyone is having issues they need to exchange the phone. You can use this phone heavy for 24 hours plus without any problems.
    In that mode you can last 12.5 DAYS in standby mode and still use the phone and message features. If you are not going to be able to charge every night for some reason, this will get you at least one WEEK until you need the charger. The only downside is that the screen is in black and white and all but 6 apps are shut down.

    The 6 useable apps are: phone, messages, internet, voice recorder, clock and calendar and the screen stays lit without use for only 10 seconds.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    I think most people are concerned about battery life cause no one wants to run out of juice when they are away from a charger.
    However, the S5 is one of the best phones for battery life. You have the option to go to power savings mode and last many many hours.
    I've always bought extra batteries for my Samsung phones but this will be the first time I won't need to cause I can change to low power mode if I need to.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    I think most people are concerned about battery life cause no one wants to run out of juice when they are away from a charger.
    However, the S5 is one of the best phones for battery life. You have the option to go to power savings mode and last many many hours.
    I've always bought extra batteries for my Samsung phones but this will be the first time I won't need to cause I can change to low power mode if I need to.
    I agree. I think it's a really great phone with great battery life. I charge it while I sleep, and so far it's great. I just think people are so used to phones with bad battery life that it is ingrained in us to constantly need to charge it, to look at the battery life, to think and question it.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    Many android users had older phones with horrible battery life so they want reassurance they are getting better battery life with a new phone.

    Posted via Android Central App
  24. #24  
    Joe113's Avatar

    Posts
    853 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    When Android System was using more battery than the display, which was on for 3 hours out of a 5 hour period, there's an issue. I have a replacement coming today to see if it solves my issue because at that point I'd be at under 15% battery. Of course, this usage is test based but that's far to low when there's no call time.

    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    Well prepare to be disappointed because it is a known KITKAT issue (not Samsung, and not GS5 issue). Supposedly is fixed in Android KitKat 4.4.3.
    Thanked by:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default Re: Are Android fans battery obsessed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    Well prepare to be disappointed because it is a known KITKAT issue (not Samsung, and not GS5 issue). Supposedly is fixed in Android KitKat 4.4.3.
    It's not affecting everyone though....so it is indeed strange. My battery lasts all day long no problem. Seven hours and still in the 90's.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2014, 06:01 AM
  2. What Launchers are you guys using?
    By paga912 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 08:34 AM
  3. Nexus 7 (2013) battery problem
    By Lumis90 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 11:12 PM
  4. High Battery Usage
    By bassplayrguy in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 11:00 AM
  5. Stuck in Android System Recovery (3e)
    By jaaf in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 10:30 AM

Posting Permissions