Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By ffejjj
  • 1 Post By Greg C
  • 1 Post By Jon Jackson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My thoughts on the s5

So, I am an S4 and a moto x owner, and I switch back and forth between these two phones. I didn't entirely enjoy the S4 so I waited on the S5. Well, I got one for a day then returned it. Its not a bad phone, trust me but it was definetly not a very good one either. (My opinion, that is.). The build quality is more of the same from Samsung, with the easily damaged "chrome trim" and the display had the little gap in the top that my S4 has that collects dust. The back plate is awesome. They did a great job with it. It feels leaps and bounds better in the hand. Now, the performance of the phone. You definetly cannot say this phone is slow. But its lacking. It just does not have the fluidity of the iPhone or my x. Again that's my opinion. I just wish Samsung would fix a few things, and they would have a killer phone on their hands. So that's my rant on the S5, and tell me how your experience has been, negative or positive?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: My thoughts on the s5

My experience with the s5 had been great.Do i think the phone is perfect? No, but as of right now this phone fits my needs and so far I haven't ran into any issues ( fingers crossed).

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by sweetypie31 View Post
    My experience with the s5 had been great.Do i think the phone is perfect? No, but as of right now this phone fits my needs and so far I haven't ran into any issues ( fingers crossed).

Yeah it definetly felt like a good phone, I just feel there is better for the money.

I "definitely" think it's a great phone. mine is always in a cover with a screen protector so I can sell it in great shape when I get another. thus, build does not matter. I got it for the camera, but love the battery life and waterproof isn't a bad gig.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Every phone has its' pluses and minuses.
    You just have to choose the right one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Every phone has its' pluses and minuses.
    You just have to choose the right one for you.
    You must reach the highest level of inner peace before this is possible lol. Really though I totally agree. Every flagship has is dis/advantages.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    OceanView and Greg C like this.

I'm loving mine so far

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    1,749 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

I love this phone. It's got great specs, the camera and camera software are the best (right now) and the S5 has arguably the best display. My S5 doesn't have the lag some people are experiencing and it has a really great feel to the build...considering it's plastic. My battery life has really been awesome. I just can't say enough about this device.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
    bassplayrguy likes this.

I personally think the S5 is a great device and no doubt has a better grip than my S4. I have no issues with my S5, and I'm glad that I upgraded.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    I love this phone. It's got great specs, the camera and camera software are the best (right now) and the S5 has arguably the best display. My S5 doesn't have the lag some people are experiencing and it has a really great feel to the build...considering it's plastic. My battery life has really been awesome. I just can't say enough about this device.
    Glad to hear someone having a great experience with the phone. I left that part out of my original post, the camera is better than the s4, and much better than the moto x.

My only gripe is the battery cover. I just can't imagine it lasting very long, horrible design.

I love the device and I have experimented with just about every new phone on the market. I like the plastic design. Most will have it in a case so I get a kick out of people bringing this up but When and if I drop my phone if the case if off, the impact will be dispersed better than with the metal phones and my screen won't shatter like the Iphone. So that is a plus. Also being able to carry a spare battery is great for weekend camping and getaways. Best display on the market. Period. Expandable memory. My schedule is not so tight that the millisecond of lag that most phones have, isn't going to throw my whole day off. LG G2 is a close 2nd in my humble opinion.

As far as plastic phones I think the S5 by far feels the best. The ultra flimsy cover found on previous S phones felt terrible but the S5 made a giant leap forward.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

The USB cover doesn't look like it will last very long though......
    H A W K likes this.

Global Posts
    1,749 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

I'm afraid you're correct. I did a Google search and there are 3d party replacements available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    The USB cover doesn't look like it will last very long though......
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

I'm kind of digging the plastic look to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Have new S5. Problem with receiving texts from iPhones. Any solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Sharp View Post
    Have new S5. Problem with receiving texts from iPhones. Any solution?
    Turn off iMessage from the iPhone if you still have it or contact Apple tech support and ask for your number to be removed from their system.