Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By isurvivorz
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Need help with the music album feature

Hi, I'm wondering if any1 noticed one of the painful headache feature that the GS5 have (could just be TouchWiz), is that every song I transfered over to the phone, be that I place it in the Internal storage/Music, or /exSdCard, or /exSdCard/Music, or ANYWHERE, it always group into one album, which is annoying because I have separate artworks for each song, and since they all in one same album, they all display the same artwork from one of the random song. So if any1 know a work around this, or how to disable to auto album grouping, please let me know, oh, and I did tried google play music, it still does the same thing.

UPDATE: So far I figured out a work-around for this is to tag each song as its own album, but this method seem to very time consuming and not very effective in term of managing albums, so If any1 know any other work around or a feature to disable album grouping, please share!

P/S: I joined this forum about a week ago, and since then I'm loving it, this forum has a lot of useful information and discussions!
    Last edited by isurvivorz; 04-29-2014 at 09:47 PM. Reason: update
    Thanked by:
    bassplayrguy likes this.

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Need help with the music album feature

What music app are you using? And where are you getting your music from?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Im using the stock music player that come pre-installed on the phone, and all my music were exported from itunes and manually drag and drop into the SD card

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by isurvivorz View Post
    Im using the stock music player that come pre-installed on the phone, and all my music were exported from itunes and manually drag and drop into the SD card
    That might be the reason. Did you move them all to the same folder on the SD card?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

hmm I've never seen any media player (that i can remember) that displayed art per track.

The only thing I can think of is to embed the art in to the ID3 tags, see if that works?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    That might be the reason. Did you move them all to the same folder on the SD card?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    I moved them all into a Music folder that i created, and they all automatically got put into the same album called "Music"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_C View Post
    hmm I've never seen any media player (that i can remember) that displayed art per track.

The only thing I can think of is to embed the art in to the ID3 tags, see if that works?
    I donno how to do that...Im new to android xD