Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen shot of my Battery usage. Typical?

Screen shot of my Battery usage.  Typical?-screenshot_2014-04-30-11-43-01.jpg

Just curious is this is normal....

Default Re: Screen shot of my Battery usage. Typical?

Not enough information there. Go to the battery life thread. You can see typical battery life there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by gmurphy0487 View Post
    Not enough information there. Go to the battery life thread. You can see typical battery life there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Screen shot of my Battery usage.  Typical?-screenshot_2014-04-30-15-36-58.jpg

To be at 87% after 8 hours. Yes that's normal

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Here are my battery pictures:

Screen shot of my Battery usage.  Typical?-battery2_2014-04-30-18-56-46.jpg

Here is the other:

Screen shot of my Battery usage.  Typical?-battery_2014-04-30-18-56-52.jpg

Remember, I use Ultra Power Save Mode when not using Apps. I'm able to get by with only one charge per WEEK.

Using the Ultra saving mode really gets a huge amount of time before a new charge is required. My screen time shows only 3 hours and 10 minutes if I tap that area in the display. The rest of the time the screen was blank. The 21% for screen time means my unit was only active for about 15 hours out of the 4 days.

However, my unit shows it was idle 13% while the unit above shows it was only idle 4%. I don't use my unit as much as the other unit.

I believe the Samsung Galaxy S5 is the ONLY phone or tablet having this feature at the present time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
    Here are my battery pictures:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battery2_2014-04-30-18-56-46.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	115618

Here is the other:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battery_2014-04-30-18-56-52.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	115621

Remember, I use Ultra Power Save Mode when not using Apps. I'm able to get by with only one charge per WEEK.

Using the Ultra saving mode really gets a huge amount of time before a new charge is required. My screen time shows only 3 hours and 10 minutes if I tap that area in the display. The rest of the time the screen was blank. The 21% for screen time means my unit was only active for about 15 hours out of the 4 days.

However, my unit shows it was idle 13% while the unit above shows it was only idle 4%. I don't use my unit as much as the other unit.

I believe the Samsung Galaxy S5 is the ONLY phone or tablet having this feature at the present time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Nice battery life but I think u are misusing the phone. It looks like you are spending more time switching between UPS and normal mode. Not easier to connect to your charger at the end (hopefully) of the day? I agree the UPS is a (very) nice feature but I think it more for a cases where you are out of charge area and really need your phone alive for making calls or texting.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I haven't used UPS yet because my day is only 17-18 hours long and I am still at 30-40% when I go to bed and charge my phone. My all night rave days are behind me lol

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by etaiso View Post
    Nice battery life but I think u are misusing the phone. It looks like you are spending more time switching between UPS and normal mode. Not easier to connect to your charger at the end (hopefully) of the day? I agree the UPS is a (very) nice feature but I think it more for a cases where you are out of charge area and really need your phone alive for making calls or texting.
    Going to UPS (curtails app use current) for the S5 is similar to going to Airplane Mode (curtails WiFi current) for my two Kindles when not being used. Both practices save battery juice. Why not be thrifty in battery use?

Remember, it takes a TWO finger down swipe from the top of the screen to reach the UPS option. Maybe lots of folks don't know that.

However, everyone has their own preferences. Definitely, those having battery drainage problems should use UPS to cut down or eliminate those problems.