Removing back plate repeatedly, is this bad?

pnizzle20

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
This is my first samsung device and I am interested in getting the battery charging kit, I think it makes more sense then a wireless charger.

My question is, if I go this way I will be removing the back plate daily. Will doing so after a period of time hinder the integrity of the mechanisms that hold the plate onto the phone?

Anyone have feedback on this?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the S3, S4, Note, Note II, Note 3 and currenty the S5.

I removed the back cover enough times to take out the microSD and only the S3 cracked on me. The beauty is, it's very cheap to replace.

I know what you're saying hearing those cracks and snaps can be torture. LOL

pnizzle20

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
^ thanks for the update thats a good point they are very cheap to replace. I guess my other concern is unknowingly ruining how water proof the device is because the plate has been removed so many times.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
This is my first samsung device and I am interested in getting the battery charging kit, I think it makes more sense then a wireless charger.

My question is, if I go this way I will be removing the back plate daily. Will doing so after a period of time hinder the integrity of the mechanisms that hold the plate onto the phone?

nah, you're good to go

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
sure seems like a pain doing a battery pull every day, for me the usb flap is easier than that, fast charge time and long battery life.
super disappointed the wireless charging back is too big to fit in a case, not sure but leaning towards the add in wireless cards here.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
sure seems like a pain doing a battery pull every day, for me the usb flap is easier than that, fast charge time and long battery life.
super disappointed the wireless charging back is too big to fit in a case, not sure but leaning towards the add in wireless cards here.

I thought the S5 Qi back was the same size. Have you seen something definitive that says otherwise?

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought the S5 Qi back was the same size. Have you seen something definitive that says otherwise?

Posted via Android Central App

It is most likely thicker. I haven't seen it but on my note 3, it is definitely thicker.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm missing something here but why in the world would you (or anyone else) take the back off the phone to charge the battery???

Just plug it in.

Not real complicated.

Heck, Samsung even provides you with an A/C charger in the box.

JWG2011

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like the OP will have/wants a extra battery. Instead of plugging in the phone he will just keep the extra battery charged and swap out as needed. Hence the question about removing the back of the phone every day. His way isnt complicated either, just different.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

You should be good. For the last year and half, I've been taking the battery cover off my Note 2 every few days (sometimes more often depending on use) to swap out for a fresh battery and haven't had any problems. The key is to use a little care taking it off and putting it back on; don't flex it too much taking it off or force it back on if the clips aren't matching up right. As already mentioned; worse case you can always get a new door.

What I do is lay the phone face down on a flat surface (with a paper towel under it to protect the screen), then with a finger nail at the little notch at the top corner slowly pry the cover up from top to bottom. To put it back on, line it up and lightly push around the edges starting at the bottom working your way up (the clips will click in as you go). When done, I do a quick visual check around the phone to ensure the cover is flush. It sounds like a lot of work, but it becomes second nature after a few times. I can swap out a battery, have the cover back on and the phone booting back up in a minute. :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a replaceable battery for my Note 3... Never had an issue so you should be fine :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Obviously you just have to make sure you close it back properly because of the waterproofing. However taking out on and off won't hurt it. I've had the original note, the S4 and Now the note 3 and I'm forever taking off the back to change the battery or swap out the back cover. I've never had any problems.

Posted via the tablet

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
well that makes my decision easier! i guess I will be sticking with the aftermarket receiver I have now and passing on the Sammy wireless cover! The receiver card works great and you would be hard pressed to notice the slight bulge in the stock cover!
Thanks for the update!

Cheers

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
well that makes my decision easier! i guess I will be sticking with the aftermarket receiver I have now and passing on the Sammy wireless cover! The receiver card works great and you would be hard pressed to notice the slight bulge in the stock cover!
Thanks for the update!

Cheers

It'll create a bulge and your phone won't be water resistant anymore

-Sent from Tapatalk

chr1sny

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just received my spare battery and spare battery charger from Amazon. Hopefully, everyone is right about there being no detrimental effects when constantly removing the battery cover.

I'm very excited not to have to plug in my phone to charge it. Just need a wireless charging back now too!

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Where did he get one? The cover isn't on sale anywhere yet, and Samsung hasn't given out any samples. Samsungs site also shows it as identical to the back cover that comes with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure...somewhere international

i have my hands on the wireless s-view case, which has only been released in the USA....

not sure how samsung is doing things....

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's just odd because the replacement back cover isn't available anywhere. The pictures Samsung has of it on their site also clearly show it as being identical to the stock one.

If it's not that would be another fumble on samsungs part. Other manufacturers seem to be able to build it in without adding bulk, but samsung can't seem to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie