Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Choosing the right case for the S5

With previous versions of the Galaxy S, I have used soft rubber cases. I like these because they make it easy to press down the buttons on the side of the phone, and because it's easy to pop the phone out of the case. I was thinking of getting a hard shell case for my newly acquired S5, though, for greater protection, but the couple that I tried made it hard to press down the buttons. Can anyone recommend a type of hard shell or shock resistant case that doesn't have this problem? Thanks.

Default Re: Choosing the right case for the S5

Even though they can be a little pricey, Otterbox cases are great. I have a Commuter series on my S5 and there is a soft inner case and a hard outer case to go over it. It protects the phone very well and I will also add that you can't go wrong with a tempered glass screen protector. Again, a little pricey but since the phone is pretty expensive it's good to invest in good phone protection!!
    LG enV Blackberry Curve LG Ally Samsung Droid Charge Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung Galaxy S5
    Thanked by:

The Case Mate Sport I got for free is great, doesn't add bulk like OtterBox. I use it when at work.

The Soft & Hard shell has a great grip and feel to it. The Power and Volume Buttons are sensitive that I barely have to press it.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

You can get diztronic cases for 50% off today to start with. You can spend big on better case down the line.

Galaxy S5: Diztronic Cases being replaced if...

I agree about the otter box commuter case. Although I went with a cheaper case from iblason, I wish I could have paid the extra money to get an otterbox.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

I have the commuter and it's awesome. I also got the leather flip one but I'm not a fan of that one

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    The Case Mate Sport I got for free is great, doesn't add bulk like OtterBox. I use it when at work.

The Soft & Hard shell has a great grip and feel to it. The Power and Volume Buttons are sensitive that I barely have to press it.
    I am looking at the Case Mates for the S5 on Amazon and don't see the Sport anywhere. Does it maybe have a different name, like Tough? That I see.

I have the Tech21 case and I really like for many reasons. It is very protective. Feels like if I dropped the phone that it would bounce. The finish is perfect. You never see any grease spots or marks. The buttons are a little harder to push which I like. I hate accidentally pushing buttons when I'm handling my phone. It fit's well with a screen protector. I have the Zagg Glass on it and it works very well. It also has a sizeable cutout for the headphone jack. No problems. This is a great case.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...yeah, it's spectacular.

I got the Otterbox Symmetry and like it. It's one piece, as slim as possible for an Otterbox and the buttons are easy to push.

Global Posts
    1,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

Spigen Slim Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandhi113 View Post
    With previous versions of the Galaxy S, I have used soft rubber cases. I like these because they make it easy to press down the buttons on the side of the phone, and because it's easy to pop the phone out of the case. I was thinking of getting a hard shell case for my newly acquired S5, though, for greater protection, but the couple that I tried made it hard to press down the buttons. Can anyone recommend a type of hard shell or shock resistant case that doesn't have this problem? Thanks.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

I highly recommend Spigen. Check them out on amazon, they have a ton of cases. The one I have (tough armor) is meant to survive drops and is a soft case with a hard shell. It looks amazing on the phone (I prefer it with the case vs without) and I'm someone who hates cases. Adds no bulk and feels solid. They have others too, such as slim armor which oI think are a tad slimmer but less protective. That with a tempered glass screen protector and I feel safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandhi113 View Post
    I am looking at the Case Mates for the S5 on Amazon and don't see the Sport anywhere. Does it maybe have a different name, like Tough? That I see.
    I saw Sport on the box but that Tough looks like it.

SHIFT_pro s5
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)