Choosing the right case for the S5

Gandhi113

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
With previous versions of the Galaxy S, I have used soft rubber cases. I like these because they make it easy to press down the buttons on the side of the phone, and because it's easy to pop the phone out of the case. I was thinking of getting a hard shell case for my newly acquired S5, though, for greater protection, but the couple that I tried made it hard to press down the buttons. Can anyone recommend a type of hard shell or shock resistant case that doesn't have this problem? Thanks.

SuburbanStar

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Even though they can be a little pricey, Otterbox cases are great. I have a Commuter series on my S5 and there is a soft inner case and a hard outer case to go over it. It protects the phone very well and I will also add that you can't go wrong with a tempered glass screen protector. Again, a little pricey but since the phone is pretty expensive it's good to invest in good phone protection!! :)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
The Case Mate Sport I got for free is great, doesn't add bulk like OtterBox. I use it when at work.

The Soft & Hard shell has a great grip and feel to it. The Power and Volume Buttons are sensitive that I barely have to press it.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree about the otter box commuter case. Although I went with a cheaper case from iblason, I wish I could have paid the extra money to get an otterbox.

Posted via Android Central App

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the commuter and it's awesome. I also got the leather flip one but I'm not a fan of that one

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Gandhi113

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The Case Mate Sport I got for free is great, doesn't add bulk like OtterBox. I use it when at work.

The Soft & Hard shell has a great grip and feel to it. The Power and Volume Buttons are sensitive that I barely have to press it.

I am looking at the Case Mates for the S5 on Amazon and don't see the Sport anywhere. Does it maybe have a different name, like Tough? That I see.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the Tech21 case and I really like for many reasons. It is very protective. Feels like if I dropped the phone that it would bounce. The finish is perfect. You never see any grease spots or marks. The buttons are a little harder to push which I like. I hate accidentally pushing buttons when I'm handling my phone. It fit's well with a screen protector. I have the Zagg Glass on it and it works very well. It also has a sizeable cutout for the headphone jack. No problems. This is a great case.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...yeah, it's spectacular.

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I got the Otterbox Symmetry and like it. It's one piece, as slim as possible for an Otterbox and the buttons are easy to push.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Spigen Slim Armor.

With previous versions of the Galaxy S, I have used soft rubber cases. I like these because they make it easy to press down the buttons on the side of the phone, and because it's easy to pop the phone out of the case. I was thinking of getting a hard shell case for my newly acquired S5, though, for greater protection, but the couple that I tried made it hard to press down the buttons. Can anyone recommend a type of hard shell or shock resistant case that doesn't have this problem? Thanks.

alldogs

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I highly recommend Spigen. Check them out on amazon, they have a ton of cases. The one I have (tough armor) is meant to survive drops and is a soft case with a hard shell. It looks amazing on the phone (I prefer it with the case vs without) and I'm someone who hates cases. Adds no bulk and feels solid. They have others too, such as slim armor which oI think are a tad slimmer but less protective. That with a tempered glass screen protector and I feel safe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar