Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Am I running bad and or outdated apps? App Killer, Clean Master, 1 tap cleaner and lookout?

    I always thought they were helpful. If my ram is down to 300mb or whatever, I use advanced task killer and it jumps up to 800-1000. I use The cleaners and one tap to manage junk etc, usually cleans 500mb or so...and it shows....I use lookout for security, it takes a pic of someone trying to unlock my phone and also if I lose it, it will help me find it etc, also backs up my pics etc.

    So....what I did with my Moment and Epic and S3 may not apply any more?

    When I didn't use them on my S3, I would get messages that I was out of ram memory.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Am I running bad and or outdated apps? App Killer, Clean Master, 1 tap cleaner and lookout?

    I wouldn't use task killers.. They aren't needed. Used RAM on Android is a good thing. This article explains it well.

    http://m.androidcentral.com/ram-what...-shouldnt-care

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    bgask1717 likes this.
  3. #3  
    bespinct's Avatar

    Posts
    801 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock!

    Default Re: Am I running bad and or outdated apps? App Killer, Clean Master, 1 tap cleaner and lookout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    I always thought they were helpful. If my ram is down to 300mb or whatever, I use advanced task killer and it jumps up to 800-1000. I use The cleaners and one tap to manage junk etc, usually cleans 500mb or so...and it shows....I use lookout for security, it takes a pic of someone trying to unlock my phone and also if I lose it, it will help me find it etc, also backs up my pics etc.

    So....what I did with my Moment and Epic and S3 may not apply any more?

    When I didn't use them on my S3, I would get messages that I was out of ram memory.
    I posted some links into the other post you asked, but what were you running on your S3 that was causing those messages? But I would definitely agree that what was necessary on the Moment and Epic are not necessary on the S5. As a test, why don't you remove the task killer and cleaner and go a week without checking memory usage. You might be surprised what you find.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Am I running bad and or outdated apps? App Killer, Clean Master, 1 tap cleaner and lookout?

    Quote Originally Posted by bespinct View Post
    I posted some links into the other post you asked, but what were you running on your S3 that was causing those messages? But I would definitely agree that what was necessary on the Moment and Epic are not necessary on the S5. As a test, why don't you remove the task killer and cleaner and go a week without checking memory usage. You might be surprised what you find.
    I deleted them, so I'll give it a test run and see. What apps if any utility wise do you suggest?
  5. #5  
    Joe113's Avatar

    Posts
    878 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Carrier
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

    Default Re: Am I running bad and or outdated apps? App Killer, Clean Master, 1 tap cleaner and lookout?

    Clean master is the only app I'd keep.

    Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away
  6. #6  
    bespinct's Avatar

    Posts
    801 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock!

    Default Re: Am I running bad and or outdated apps? App Killer, Clean Master, 1 tap cleaner and lookout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    I deleted them, so I'll give it a test run and see. What apps if any utility wise do you suggest?
    I don't use any, but will clear all tasks from task switcher every so often just to keep it a manageable length. If I have to scroll but so much it's likely quicker for me to just launch the app from the launcher (I use Action Launcher).

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Am I running bad and or outdated apps? App Killer, Clean Master, 1 tap cleaner and lookout?

    Quote Originally Posted by bespinct View Post
    I don't use any, but will clear all tasks from task switcher every so often just to keep it a manageable length. If I have to scroll but so much it's likely quicker for me to just launch the app from the launcher (I use Action Launcher).

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yeah I think my phone is running better without all that crap. I'm not going to do anything unless I have a performance issue.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-17-2016, 06:20 PM
  2. apps stop working for second user
    By The doomed in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 06:51 AM
  3. will there always be texting or some form of it?
    By ahawkua in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 09:09 AM
  4. Somehow Got the Multi App Selector from the Clock???
    By Brent Boyens in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 Neo
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 09:14 AM
  5. little help with an app
    By John Ball1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2014, 05:08 PM

Posting Permissions