Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cplax92
  • 2 Post By Greg C
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Custom logo on boot screen?

I just turned on my phone after charging it and right above where it normally says powered by Android, it said custom and had a picture of an unlocked padlock. Any idea what this means. I've never seen it before

Global Posts
    723 Global Posts

Default Re: Custom logo on boot screen?

Have you rooted the phone?

Posted via Android Central App

It appears the phone may be rooted. Did you root it or buy it from someone in rooted it?

Quote Originally Posted by cplax92 View Post
    I just turned on my phone after charging it and right above where it normally says powered by Android, it said custom and had a picture of an unlocked padlock. Any idea what this means. I've never seen it before
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No bought it brand new. Actually I figured it out. I had it running on ART instead of delvik. Switched it back as I don't want to risk losing the warranty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Eric Goldstein likes this.

You won't lose warranty protection because you are running ART instead of Delvik.

Quote Originally Posted by cplax92 View Post
    No bought it brand new. Actually I figured it out. I had it running on ART instead of delvik. Switched it back as I don't want to risk losing the warranty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Just wanted to bump this thread and say thank you. I switched to ART last week and when I saw the custom with the padlock at boot I thought I had tripped Knox.

Quote Originally Posted by scipper77 View Post
    Just wanted to bump this thread and say thank you. I switched to ART last week and when I saw the custom with the padlock at boot I thought I had tripped Knox.
    i had the same problem. How do you switch between ART and the other one? Help please

I have been using ART for a long time, and the only thing I remember seeing is the Verizon logo when it is turned on, and of course the infamous bright red screen.

be nice if someone explained what ART is. don't know why every person who responds to a thread thinks he - or the world - knows exactly what some vague android word or app related word or acronym means.like PINNING ?

Art is a runtime which was set to replace the Dalvik runtime in the s5 but instead they gave the option to switch between the two in the developers options portion in the settings. It is slightly faster and allows more battery time although the difference is minimal. Dalvik only processed code and needed a JIT (just-in-time) compiler. ART, on the other hand, uses an AOT (Ahead-of-Time) compiler to process application instructions before they're needed so things run more smoothly for the user.

So do you suggest i run dalvik or art (im using kitkat)

Posted via the Android Central App