Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Waking up phone.

I'm starting to get pissed. I carry the phone in my front pocket and the phone keeps waking up and dialing people. I don't like to use the password to unlock. I made sure the extra sensitivity screen option was off. Why does this thing swipe to unlock so easily? I can wake the phone and rub it on my shirt, pants and it unlocks. I don't even need to use my finger.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    30,954 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Waking up phone.

Maybe a simple pattern instead?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Make sure the "increase touch sensitivity" isn't check in Display settings? Just a guess.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by bsadmw View Post
    Make sure the "increase touch sensitivity" isn't check in Display settings? Just a guess.
    That was the first thing I did. It was not checked.

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock!

Interesting, I carry my phone in my pocket and I don't have that problem. Maybe try carrying it screen facing away from your leg?

Quote Originally Posted by bespinct View Post
    Maybe try carrying it screen facing away from your leg?
    This is what I've had to start doing. My phone wasn't waking or dialing by itself, but whenever an alert would come through that wakes the screen, things would get touched if I were walking when it happened.

I didn't have this problem with the S4, Note 3, or LG G2. It's something about the S5, the screen is way more sensitive than previous phones.

This really screws with usage of the Gear 2 watch if you try to make a phone call with the watch, the phone screen automatically comes on (not sure who at Samsung thought that was a good idea). If you're on the move while trying to make a call, your leg "touches" all sorts of things on the screen right through the fabric of your pocket, inevitably pressing the End Call button.

Use fingerprint scanner. Problem solved! It works fine for me

I had the same problem with the screen waking up, determined it was the Air Wake Up function. That is the one that wakes the phone by waving your hand over the screen. The motion in my pocket was enough to set it off.

To disable, go to Settings>Accessibility>Dexterity and interaction>Air wake up, then turn off.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by GC736 View Post
    I had the same problem with the screen waking up, determined it was the Air Wake Up function. That is the one that wakes the phone by waving your hand over the screen. The motion in my pocket was enough to set it off.

To disable, go to Settings>Accessibility>Dexterity and interaction>Air wake up, then turn off.

That was off to.