Use Bluetooth Headset for "Speech to Text"?

Jon44

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
My bluetooth headset works fine for phone calls and even for "Google Now" sending texts. But I can't use bluetooth when trying to do "Speech to Text" from the Samsung keyboard (i.e., in other apps that require text input) or for S-Voice. (It simply defaults to handset microphone.)

Is there any way to enable bluetooth for those applications?

Thanks, Jon

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a Plantronics M50 and it works fine.And I am using the Samsung keyboard with Handcent. I find that it works with Google voice input and Samsung voice input. I also just switched to the Google keyboard to try it out and it works with that also.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a Plantronics M50 and it works fine.And I am using the Samsung keyboard with Handcent. I find that it works with Google voice input and Samsung voice input. I also just switched to the Google keyboard to try it out and it works with that also.

I have 2 BT headsets.

The one I like the best is a trucker's headset with an external boom mike with noise cancellation. It will only connect as a Telco device.

The 2nd BT headset is a Plantronics 125 and when it connects, in the Bluetooth settings menu, it says "connected to Media and Phone"

I think it depends on how the BT device is designed, or programmed to work.