I went to the Verizon store yesterday to pick up a car charger for the S5, in the process of questioning the guy there as to why the end didn't look like the one that came with my S5 to charge it he tells me that you can plug a regular USB in the port and it will charge it (only difference is that if you use a regular USB cord it don't charge as fast). When I got home last night I tried it and it worked, so my question is, how do I tell what size a USB is? The one I found at home last night was really short so I need to buy longer one to use. Thanks
- 05-01-2014, 12:54 PM #2
- 737 Posts
Re: USB size
USB 3.0 is the one your phone came with. Yes it's suppose to charge faster and transfer data faster. I've noticed it does charge faster.
USB 2.0 is the regular one (okay there maybe be another one, but this is the one most Android phones have used in the past). This works just fine. I've used it because that's what I have. I even used my old car charger and it worked fine.
- By dickharper in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 07-24-2016, 04:19 PM
- By Julia Matcham in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 3Last Post: 10-10-2014, 07:47 PM
- By petvas72 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 6Last Post: 05-01-2014, 09:30 PM
- By mkaufer05 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 04-30-2014, 01:10 AM
- By amysorel12 in forum HuaweiReplies: 0Last Post: 04-29-2014, 01:23 PM