"Unlock Effect" missing from my lock screen settings

LisaLee660

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been reading ways to save battery and one of them was to turn off that annoying "popping colors" when I unlock my screen. Says to go to setting>lock screen>unlock effect...

Problem is that unlock effect is not there! I'm on AT&T and my friend is on Sprint and she has it in her settings. Is it an AT&T thing or a glitch on my phone? Anyone else come across this?

Attachments

• Lock Screen.jpg
    Lock Screen.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 122

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading ways to save battery and one of them was to turn off that annoying "popping colors" when I unlock my screen. Says to go to setting>lock screen>unlock effect...

Problem is that unlock effect is not there! I'm on AT&T and my friend is on Sprint and she has it in her settings. Is it an AT&T thing or a glitch on my phone? Anyone else come across this?

That's because you have it set unlock with a pattern. The pattern is the effect.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's because you have it set unlock with a pattern. The pattern is the effect.

Posted via Android Central App

That could be it. I know I have mine set to swipe to unlock.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1398964083671.jpg
    1398964083671.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 108

LisaLee660

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
WOW, what a DUMMY I am!! Funny part is that I only had switched from swipe to pattern a few minutes before looking for unlock effect. I'm my own worst enemy LOL :p

Thanks!!

Igor Gurland

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
So this seems to apply also if you have a pin unlock, but in order to get to the number pad you still have to swipe - but once pin unlock is selected, you cannot change the swipe effect anymore? Any workaround?

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
So this seems to apply also if you have a pin unlock, but in order to get to the number pad you still have to swipe - but once pin unlock is selected, you cannot change the swipe effect anymore? Any workaround?
So this is another one of those funky ones. If you use a PIN unlock, your phone still does a Swipe effect when you unlock your phone after less than 10 minutes. So how do you set the Swipe animation effect with a PIN unlock as your primary unlock? You can't!

• Turn OFF the PIN unlock to go back to Swipe unlock.
  • Set the animation effect for Swipe.
  • Turn the PIN unlock back ON.
This is the only way I found to set the animation effect for Swipe.

Heaven help you if your work requires you to have a PIN unlock!! You'd have to turn off the PIN unlock, wait an hour for the phone to wipe all your e-mail, set the Swipe animation, then turn PIN back on, and go back to the IT guy at work to get your phone added to the system again.

Samsung needs to provide us a way to set the animation for ALL unlock styles.

Lemonshake

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Help pls. A still cant enable unlock effect eventhough im already on swipe lockscreen

If you have a lock screen that is animated, you won't be able to use the effect. Use a regular wallpaper that is stable and you should be able to use the lock screen effect. (made that mistake and just realized >.<) I hope I made sense xD

hayleigh18musick

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Ive been reading ways to save battery and one of them was to turn off that annoying "popping colors" when I unlock my screen. Says to go to setting>lock screen>unlock effect...

Problem is that unlock effect is not there! I'm on AT&T and my friend is on Sprint and she has it in her settings.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Ive been reading ways to save battery and one of them was to turn off that annoying "popping colors" when I unlock my screen. Says to go to setting>lock screen>unlock effect...

Problem is that unlock effect is not there! I'm on AT&T and my friend is on Sprint and she has it in her settings.

Hello ans welcome to Android Central hayleigh18musick!

"Popping Colours", is also on my stock Samsung Galaxy S5, non carrier branded, international phone model, G900F. See #1.5 and #1.6 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

AndroidBatman

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I've got a sm-g920f (galaxy s6) T-mobile UK variant (but i have installed germany t-mobile running on official android 6.0.1).
My screen is set to swipe with a simple wallpaper and there are no unlock effect options available on my device. Can someone help me?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc