Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By byeblackberry
  • 1 Post By LisaLee660
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Unlock Effect" missing from my lock screen settings

I've been reading ways to save battery and one of them was to turn off that annoying "popping colors" when I unlock my screen. Says to go to setting>lock screen>unlock effect...

Problem is that unlock effect is not there! I'm on AT&T and my friend is on Sprint and she has it in her settings. Is it an AT&T thing or a glitch on my phone? Anyone else come across this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Unlock Effect" missing from my lock screen settings-lock-screen.jpg  

Default Re: "Unlock Effect" missing from my lock screen settings

Quote Originally Posted by LisaLee660 View Post
    I've been reading ways to save battery and one of them was to turn off that annoying "popping colors" when I unlock my screen. Says to go to setting>lock screen>unlock effect...

Problem is that unlock effect is not there! I'm on AT&T and my friend is on Sprint and she has it in her settings. Is it an AT&T thing or a glitch on my phone? Anyone else come across this?
    That's because you have it set unlock with a pattern. The pattern is the effect.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
    mezrik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by byeblackberry View Post
    That's because you have it set unlock with a pattern. The pattern is the effect.

Posted via Android Central App
    That could be it. I know I have mine set to swipe to unlock.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Unlock Effect" missing from my lock screen settings-1398964083671.jpg  
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

WOW, what a DUMMY I am!! Funny part is that I only had switched from swipe to pattern a few minutes before looking for unlock effect. I'm my own worst enemy LOL

Thanks!!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Awesome, yeah I switched it back now

THANK YOU!
    Almeuit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaLee660 View Post
    Awesome, yeah I switched it back now

THANK YOU!
    Glad it's working for you now .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    LisaLee660 likes this.

So this seems to apply also if you have a pin unlock, but in order to get to the number pad you still have to swipe - but once pin unlock is selected, you cannot change the swipe effect anymore? Any workaround?

I was up ALL night trying to figure this out, weird how it just disappears like that! Thank you!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Igor Gurland View Post
    So this seems to apply also if you have a pin unlock, but in order to get to the number pad you still have to swipe - but once pin unlock is selected, you cannot change the swipe effect anymore? Any workaround?
    So this is another one of those funky ones. If you use a PIN unlock, your phone still does a Swipe effect when you unlock your phone after less than 10 minutes. So how do you set the Swipe animation effect with a PIN unlock as your primary unlock? You can't!

• Turn OFF the PIN unlock to go back to Swipe unlock.
    • Set the animation effect for Swipe.
    • Turn the PIN unlock back ON.

This is the only way I found to set the animation effect for Swipe.

Heaven help you if your work requires you to have a PIN unlock!! You'd have to turn off the PIN unlock, wait an hour for the phone to wipe all your e-mail, set the Swipe animation, then turn PIN back on, and go back to the IT guy at work to get your phone added to the system again.

Samsung needs to provide us a way to set the animation for ALL unlock styles.