Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ryan Kane
  • 2 Post By rophome
  • 1 Post By rophome
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S5 - Call Screen has suddenly lost mute and dial pad

Samsung Galaxy S5 - Call Screen has suddenly lost mute and dial pad-2014-05-01-16.41.36.jpg

Has anyone seen this call screen? This just started happening to me the other day and I don't know why. Something must have changed, but I don't know what it would have been. Instead of the normal 6 tiles at the bottom, I have only three now. I cannot mute the line or go to a dial pad. This is very frustrating. I am chatting with Samsung support about it but they are clueless so far. We have tried a soft reset, resetting the Cache and Data for the Phone App, resetting app preferences and Safe Mode and nothing has worked.
    serena3413 likes this.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Call Screen has suddenly lost mute and dial pad

I'd take it out of safe mode and try again.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

As mentioned in the original post, Safe Mode was one of the things we tried and it just happens to be the time when I decided to post here so I grabbed a screen shot. The problem happens no matter what I do now. I am now in the process of backing up everything and will try a full reset to see if that does the trick.

That is certainly odd...

-Sent from Tapatalk

I have the same problem, it seems to be a special dialpad for car mode, it simply gets stuck here when the car mode is not ended correctly.

Workaround :

1) Restart phone
    2) Start up car mode
    3) exit car mode

Now the dialpad should be back to normal.

Please try and see if it works,

I had the same issue and tried all of the above to no effect.

I backed up my data and did a factory reset.

Kind of a pain, but so far the only thing been shown to fix it and the issue hasn't come back.

i still believe it is kind of stuck in car mode, it also defaults to speaker on.

I have been in this situation two times and exitting car mode by Restarting Phone, entering car mode, and exitting by pressing <arrow back> seems to trigger the dialpad to return to normal.
    diamondRanch likes this.

My phone did the same. I turned it off. Took battery out. Press the power button for 15 seconds without the battery. Powered phone back on with battery and everything was solved.

Hopefully it works for you too.

Mine also did this when stuck in Car Mode.

If you slide down the top of you screen and select the setting, go in to personalisation then click Easy mode and change your settings to standed mode all the icons when you make a call should all come back good luck as seen im my profile pic

Quote Originally Posted by serena3413 View Post
    If you slide down the top of you screen and select the setting, go in to personalisation then click Easy mode and change your settings to standed mode all the icons when you make a call should all come back good luck as seen im my profile pic

I just bought the Galaxy 5 and had the same issue... thankfully I had my phone in safe mode once I changed it to standard mode the add call and mute button appeared on my key pad.... I was like wtf!! Glad it works now

Thanks Serena3413. Yours was the only recommended solution that worked. Starting up car mode and exiting did not fix it, and soft reset did not fix it. Those solutions might work ofr some situations, but not for mine. It appears that the default setting was "Easy Mode." It's somewhat counter intuitive to click on "Easy Mode" so you can go in and change it to Standard Mode, (and to somehow magically know that easy mode would mean you don't have the ability to mute a call) but once I did that, I got all of my phone functions back.

I tried everything that you all have suggested and my mute button is still NOT there. I use my cell phone for work and I need to be able to mute when I am on conference calls. I have it on standard mode and the mute button not back. I have taken the battery out and restarted. Tried everything.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport. Try "settings", "easy mode", and then select "standard mode". I then restarted my phone and now everything is rosy again!

I have the Galaxy S5 Sport and for the past 3 months I couldn't figure out why I could not lock or forward a text message and why the add a call and mute buttons were missing until I came across this forum. Changing from Easy mode to Standard mode addressed the issues I was having with my phone.

Thank you!!!! That worked!

Hey This works for me. Thanks.

Changing to "Standard Mode" solved it for me.

Thanks.

Great. Changing to standard mode did the trick