Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    Used this a lot with my S4, what happened to Hands Free Mode, S5 says it doesn't support that feature.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    If you're referring to Car Mode, pull down the notifications and touch the 4 square boxes in the top right corner for a full list, then select Car Mode and it'll walk you through setting it up.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    I managed to set this up, but then went and unticked every option in an attempt to get the phone to stop reading out callers names even when not in hands free mode. But now when I try to turn hands free mode on it says I have to enable at least one option first, takes me to the settings page, but all of the options are greyed out and I can't select them! It seems like all of these Samsung voice things are so interlinked its impossible to get the phone to do what you want, I have no idea what other option I have ticked somewhere that's preventing me from using hands free mode! Anyone got any ideas?
  4. #4  
    NickA's Avatar

    Posts
    1,590 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,655 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    Quote Originally Posted by scrabbley View Post
    I managed to set this up, but then went and unticked every option in an attempt to get the phone to stop reading out callers names even when not in hands free mode. But now when I try to turn hands free mode on it says I have to enable at least one option first, takes me to the settings page, but all of the options are greyed out and I can't select them! It seems like all of these Samsung voice things are so interlinked its impossible to get the phone to do what you want, I have no idea what other option I have ticked somewhere that's preventing me from using hands free mode! Anyone got any ideas?
    Wish I could help. On my Note 3 I can use voice control to say "answer" or "reject" when a call is coming in. On my S5 if I set that option it works, but it also speaks out the caller ID name/number. I've tried every option and there is no way to turn it off. It's the main reason why I use my Note 3 more than my S5. Very frustrating.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    I have a galaxy a s5 with AT&T as my provider. I just talk to a manager name Kenny that said the company decided not to have that feature on the s5 for for safety reasons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I have a galaxy a s5 with AT&T as my provider. I just talk to a manager name Kenny that said the company decided not to have that feature on the s5 for for safety reasons.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    If you gave AT&T as your provider they have disabled that feature as a company for safety reasons. Just got off the with a manager name Kenny about that question.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 from AT&T and when I go to the upper right hand corner and then click the 4 square boxes there is no car mode.
    Wade Webster likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Boen View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 from AT&T and when I go to the upper right hand corner and then click the 4 square boxes there is no car mode.
    The "drive mode" feature is in your settings.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    I just got the Note 4 and AT&T has done the same thing. I use Hands-free mode all the time. What part of "Hands-free" does my carrier NOT understand. This infuriates me.

    Does anyone know how to get around this. Will rooting my phone allow me to regain access to this lost feature somehow???
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    This change is why I cling to my S4. I want an S5, but I'm apparently not coordinated enough to hold my phone up in camera mode and also reach the take-a-picture button on the screen without messing up the aim of the shot. Saying "Shoot" is a WHOLE lot easier.

    I'm hoping that the third-party crowd will come through with an app for the S5 that matches Voice Commands.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    The exact same thing happened to me. It was calling out the name/numbers of incoming calls and in an effort to turn that off, i ticked off all the options in hands free mode. Now i want to enable handsfree mode but all options are grayed out and i cant figure out how to enable it. I have tried couple of third party car mode / drive mode applications but all are useless. HELP plz
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Wish I could help. On my Note 3 I can use voice control to say "answer" or "reject" when a call is coming in. On my S5 if I set that option it works, but it also speaks out the caller ID name/number. I've tried every option and there is no way to turn it off. It's the main reason why I use my Note 3 more than my S5. Very frustrating.
    Go to accessibility under settings. In my settings it is in the "My Phone" settings. Turn off the Service "Talk Back". It is for people with vision problems.
  13. #13  
    bamsemh's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    yeah, its more safe to pick up ur phone and get killed or kill ppl in traffic the providers are trolling and apple loving. that is the only reason.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    There is a "voice command" for the Samsung Galaxy S5 - go into camera and hit the settings button on the left top side of page - it will bring you into the options - YOU HAVE TO SCROLL THE PAGE UP MORE - IT IS THERE
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    bill - go into camera - top left side is the settings - hit the settings - the page will bring up the options - go to right side of page and scroll up - it is hidden on the page - IT IS THERE!
  16. #16  
    ironass's Avatar

    Posts
    2,899 Posts
    Carrier
    Marshmallow Android 6.0.1

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

    Quote Originally Posted by angelface19562005 View Post
    bill - go into camera - top left side is the settings - hit the settings - the page will bring up the options - go to right side of page and scroll up - it is hidden on the page - IT IS THERE!
    To enable, "Settings", in camera you must first ensure that in phone... Settings > Easy mode... you have selected Standard mode otherwise camera settings will not be displayed.

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S5: No access to keypad during phone calls!
    By Marc Wilson 57 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-06-2016, 08:25 PM
  2. samsung galaxy centura won't turn on
    By Brenda Adank in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-20-2015, 06:40 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 08:38 PM
  4. How to clean those pesky speaker grills.
    By Thb91 in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 11:33 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 06:59 AM

Posting Permissions