Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

Used this a lot with my S4, what happened to Hands Free Mode, S5 says it doesn't support that feature.

Default Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

If you're referring to Car Mode, pull down the notifications and touch the 4 square boxes in the top right corner for a full list, then select Car Mode and it'll walk you through setting it up.

I managed to set this up, but then went and unticked every option in an attempt to get the phone to stop reading out callers names even when not in hands free mode. But now when I try to turn hands free mode on it says I have to enable at least one option first, takes me to the settings page, but all of the options are greyed out and I can't select them! It seems like all of these Samsung voice things are so interlinked its impossible to get the phone to do what you want, I have no idea what other option I have ticked somewhere that's preventing me from using hands free mode! Anyone got any ideas?

Global Posts
    2,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by scrabbley View Post
    I managed to set this up, but then went and unticked every option in an attempt to get the phone to stop reading out callers names even when not in hands free mode. But now when I try to turn hands free mode on it says I have to enable at least one option first, takes me to the settings page, but all of the options are greyed out and I can't select them! It seems like all of these Samsung voice things are so interlinked its impossible to get the phone to do what you want, I have no idea what other option I have ticked somewhere that's preventing me from using hands free mode! Anyone got any ideas?
    Wish I could help. On my Note 3 I can use voice control to say "answer" or "reject" when a call is coming in. On my S5 if I set that option it works, but it also speaks out the caller ID name/number. I've tried every option and there is no way to turn it off. It's the main reason why I use my Note 3 more than my S5. Very frustrating.

I have a galaxy a s5 with AT&T as my provider. I just talk to a manager name Kenny that said the company decided not to have that feature on the s5 for for safety reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a galaxy a s5 with AT&T as my provider. I just talk to a manager name Kenny that said the company decided not to have that feature on the s5 for for safety reasons.

If you gave AT&T as your provider they have disabled that feature as a company for safety reasons. Just got off the with a manager name Kenny about that question.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 from AT&T and when I go to the upper right hand corner and then click the 4 square boxes there is no car mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Boen View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 from AT&T and when I go to the upper right hand corner and then click the 4 square boxes there is no car mode.
    The "drive mode" feature is in your settings.