Sending videos via text

LisaLee660

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Can it seriously be possible that you cannot text a 30 sec video you've just taken without it showing up distorted and grainy when it's received? I've heard this from Galaxy 4 users and the new Note as well. :(

I recently switched back to Android from the iPhone5 (don't start throwing eggs please, last Android I had was the EPIC) and the ONLY thing I can truly say I miss is the fact that you could text a video and the quality was preserved (at least from iPhone to iPhone).

Am I missing some sort of setting? PLEASE say yes!

Thanks in advance.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately you aren't missing anything. When sending the video it goes over MMS which goes through the carrier. Carriers degrade the video (if not the phone) to save on how big the file is.

With iPhone to iPhone it used iMessage which uses Apple's servers. They have these servers set to not really compress the quality down so therefore you get the great video quality.

I had iPhone when iMessage just came out (switched shortly after that to the S2) and I will say.. That was a nice thing.. Being able to send full quality videos without anything extra.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

LisaLee660

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Ah, CRAP! Oh well. For something important, I guess there's always the option of uploading it to YouTube and sending the link. I heard that works, although I haven't tried it yet.
Thanks for your response.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol