- 32 Posts
Sending videos via text
Can it seriously be possible that you cannot text a 30 sec video you've just taken without it showing up distorted and grainy when it's received? I've heard this from Galaxy 4 users and the new Note as well.
I recently switched back to Android from the iPhone5 (don't start throwing eggs please, last Android I had was the EPIC) and the ONLY thing I can truly say I miss is the fact that you could text a video and the quality was preserved (at least from iPhone to iPhone).
Am I missing some sort of setting? PLEASE say yes!
Thanks in advance.
- 05-01-2014, 02:48 PM #2
Re: Sending videos via text
Unfortunately you aren't missing anything. When sending the video it goes over MMS which goes through the carrier. Carriers degrade the video (if not the phone) to save on how big the file is.
With iPhone to iPhone it used iMessage which uses Apple's servers. They have these servers set to not really compress the quality down so therefore you get the great video quality.
I had iPhone when iMessage just came out (switched shortly after that to the S2) and I will say.. That was a nice thing.. Being able to send full quality videos without anything extra.
Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
- 05-01-2014, 03:19 PM #4
- 05-01-2014, 03:22 PM #5
- 05-01-2014, 03:32 PM #6
- 05-01-2014, 04:38 PM #7
- By Jon44 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 09-28-2014, 10:17 PM
- By Diamondback424 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 3Last Post: 06-30-2014, 01:46 PM
- By alldogs in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 17Last Post: 05-27-2014, 03:53 AM
- By huskers15 in forum VerizonReplies: 13Last Post: 05-04-2014, 10:01 AM
- By Jakeh1983 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 8Last Post: 05-02-2014, 03:56 AM